JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A jazz song that I want to listen to again!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolas2013alcubo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A jazz song that I want to listen to again!!!
    Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 9:55am

SmilePlease, watch this youtube video I made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlTpQb-b6Z8

I'm playing the keyboard. It's a melody that appears in the instrumental part of a song that I heard in the radio when I was a child. I want to listen to this song again, but I don't know the song tittle and the artist in orden to search to it in the Internet.

That song is sung by a male singer, the melody I played in the video is in the instrumental part of the song and the song has parts where the rhythm changes.

Please, listen to the melody I played in the video and try to tell me the song tittle and the artist. The song is known!

Thanks! - NicolasSmile

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 10:02am
I don't recognize that. 
Actually that sounds more like a horn riff from the song rather than the song's melody, those kind of horn riffs are fairly common. All the same, best of luck finding an answer.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 10:10am
OK, this is a long shot, but that little segment you play sounds like it could be a Latin version of "Tea for Two". Something by Perez Prado possibly.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 10:12am
Here's a Latin version of "Tea for Two", there's other versions on youtube.
nicolas2013alcubo View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolas2013alcubo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 5:32pm
Hey friends!:
I remembered another part of the riff of the jazz song I'm looking for.
Watch the new video:

The chords in the song tea for two are similar to the chords used in the song I'm looking for (In the segment I played). Please, watch this new video I recently made and tell me. The song I'm looking for has the same tempo that I played in the video. It's the style of Tony Bennet, Frank Sinatra, Rou Rawls, etc. It's not pure jazz the song I'm looking for.
Thanks! - NicolasSmile

Edited by nicolas2013alcubo - 15 Nov 2013 at 7:04pm
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolas2013alcubo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 9:55am
???
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 2:12pm
I still don't recognize it.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolas2013alcubo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 2:14pm
But it is known
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic