JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Generic Error Page"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krilons Resa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Generic Error Page"
    Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:30pm
Trying to submit an album but every time I hit the "submit" button, a blank white screen with "Generic error page" written on the upper left corner appears.  I just submitted an album 5 minutes before this started happening and it went through fine.

?
That shows you the power of music, that magician of magician, who lifts his wand, says his mysterious word and all things real pass away and the phantoms of your mind walk before you clothed in flesh.
triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:35pm
We have that problem all the time on MMA, and since this is on the same servers and system...

It generally seems to stem from an artist page with disallowed characters in its name and URL
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:36pm
It usually happens if the album with same name already exists (double entry prevention)
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:39pm
what album(s) were you trying to add?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by snobb snobb wrote:

It usually happens if the album with same name already exists (double entry prevention)

No, that gives you a specific message about the album already existing, not a generic error page (I found out yesterday when I couldn't read)
Krilons Resa View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krilons Resa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:44pm
Darren Johnston - Cylinder

I have it all typed out and ready to go.  I'm trying not to lose it. LOL
That shows you the power of music, that magician of magician, who lifts his wand, says his mysterious word and all things real pass away and the phantoms of your mind walk before you clothed in flesh.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:47pm
Also might be worth checking - I have found in the past (on MMA) that when you get a generic error page it still adds the thing, but without the pictures uploaded

edit: no, not there.  Maybe that is just for artists

Edited by triceratopsoil - 19 Apr 2011 at 1:47pm
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krilons Resa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:47pm
I tried viewing it on another tab.  No dice.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:50pm
I just added it right now, it works Confused
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:51pm
woops, I added it too Slava. You can delete mine, yours looks better

Edited by darkshade - 19 Apr 2011 at 1:51pm
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krilons Resa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:54pm
Hey, thanks!

How the hell did you guys add all the info so fast?  Some type of special program or just extremely fast typers? lol
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:54pm
So - it works LOL
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:55pm
I dont know what Snobb did, but i just googled some of the information. I have different sources for different artists.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:56pm
usually same
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krilons Resa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 3:46pm
But dont you guys still have to type all the info, songs, time, and then still download the pic to your pc, then upload it to the site along with the info?

You guys did it so damn fast.  Let me in on the wizardy!  I want to add a great deal but can't do more than a couple at a time since it's rather tedious.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 3:50pm
You can usually copy-paste from other places, and then just tweak it slightly to fit JMA's formatting standard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic