Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Joshua Redman signs to Blue Note Records

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joshua Redman signs to Blue Note Records
    Posted: 24 May 2023 at 7:57am
The renowned saxophonist is set to make his debut on the iconic label this autumn with new album, where are we 

Leading US saxophonist Joshua Redman has signed to Blue Note Records, on which he will release his debut for the imprint, entitled where are we, this autumn. Redman will be support the album with extensive touring across the United States and Europe following the records’s release.

As one of the most acclaimed and popular jazz artists to have emerged in the past 30 years, Redman has released numerous solo albums, as well as recording and touring his all-star RoundAgain project that features Christian McBride, Brad Mehldau and Brian Blade.

Commenting on his move to the legendary record label, the saxophonist said: “I am so deeply honoured and just flat-out thrilled to be joining the Blue Note family,” says Redman. “Blue Note albums have forever been an essential part of my musical (and spiritual) life — since well before I realized I even had one! I look forward, with equal parts gratitude and giddiness, to embarking on this new phase in my recording journey, along with one of the greatest labels of all time.”

Blue Note President Don Was added: “Over the last three decades, Joshua Redman has set the bar for courageous musical innovation and soulful expression. He is the living embodiment of the Blue Note ethos and it’s a dream come true to welcome him to the label.”

For more info visit www.bluenote.com

from www.jazzwise.com

Edited by snobb - 24 May 2023 at 7:58am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic