JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tim Motzer - Beacon plus(Blade Of)The Flowering Am
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tim Motzer - Beacon plus(Blade Of)The Flowering Am

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tim Motzer - Beacon plus(Blade Of)The Flowering Am
    Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 10:18am

1k April Newsletter

New Releases

Tim Motzer - Beacon (1k066)

"An immediate favorite of my recent solo shows, this recording is quite beautiful, and the night itself was so on! Lovely listening appreciative folks there at Quinn’s allowed this expansive solo set to unfold.
I'm improvising with 6 & 12 string acoustic electrics, baritone electric, bow, semi-modular, sequencer, percussion, & electronics for this special night. I thank everyone who came out to this show, some traveled far. So appreciated! I hope you will enjoy this recording as much as I do." - tim

1. snafu
2. trees in the sky
3. let's go dream
4. climb, descent, chill
45 minutes

Tim Motzer - 6 & 12 string guitars, baritone electric guitar, electronics, looping,
semi-modular, sequencer, percussion, bow, cliks

Recorded live at Quinn's in Beacon, NY on October 18, 2022
Presented by James Keepnews and Craig Chin

24 bit, 48 khz hi-rez download:
https://1krecordings.bandcamp.com/album/beacon-24-bit-48k-hi-rez-release   

(Blade Of) Carlstedt Motzer Torn (1k064)

The debut of this fully improvisational trio (Blade Of) features David Torn, Tim Motzer & Jeremy Carlstedt. Their new release, the flowering am, is the mark of their first meeting: a deep dive into spherical sonic & musical territories. The three atmospheric yet raw explorers, with two guitars, drums & electronics, create a density of sound that may approach the orchestral, with Torn’s abstractly romantic textures & overtones floating, spinning through the sprawling suite. Carlstedt’s drumming can just flip the band’s current equation; he creates exquisite firestorms, dynamic nuance and propels the music forward, and inward. Motzer, with his acoustic-electric guitar, shapeshifts throughout as sometimes bassist, soloist and re-arranger exploring the edges, curves, and corners in these astonishing journeys. 

“Collectively, Torn, Motzer, and Carlstedt create a cinema of the interior in which the attentive listener is enclosed. Narratives twist back in on themselves in an instant, spiking into unseen spaces. Their soundtrack is as loud as mountain thunder, as quick as a precious thought through thin air.” Sid Smith 

CD edition in a beautifully designed 6 panel gatefold wallet featuring Tim Motzer paintings along with Sid Smith liner notes, plus 24 bit, 48 khz hi-rez download:
https://1krecordings.bandcamp.com/album/the-flowering-am  

More 1k recent releases:

Shadow Duo - MIMI
UNXP EP - Barry Meehan, Tim Motzer, Eric Slick, Theo Travis
Tim Motzer - ditties & deities
Orion Tango - The Crossing

Listen | Download here:
https://1krecordings.bandcamp.com/music
Be sure to browse our entire catalogue. So much great music to discover!

Copyright © 2023 1k recordings, All rights reserved.
you are recieving this mail as you opted in either to the 1k sessions site or 1k recordings website.

Our mailing address is:

1k recordings

crease street

Philadelphia, PA 19125 

Edited by snobb - 15 Apr 2023 at 10:19am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic