JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - the governor of Kurgan (Russia) criticized jazz
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

the governor of Kurgan (Russia) criticized jazz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the governor of Kurgan (Russia) criticized jazz
    Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 3:13pm
Shumkov followed in the footsteps of Khrushchev: the governor of Kurgan criticized jazz
The official accused American music of provoking depression and suicide in Russian citizens.

The governor of the Kurgan region, Vadim Shumkov, seems to have found the root cause of depression, suicide, spiritual emptiness and quarrels among Russian citizens. The so-called "quasi-cultural vulgarity" was to blame for all this disgrace. The head of the region said on his channel that suicides and depression in the country are provoked by the fact that the children of Russians sing songs of the descendants of African-American slaves, probably referring to jazz and rock and roll:

“Many of our children, grandchildren of the victorious people are already growing up, not knowing and not remembering their kind-tribe, singing songs written by the descendants of African-American slaves, often imitating and imitating in habits, language, being filled with frankly second-rate quasi-cultural vulgarity. Clinging to this secondness, being proud of it. Hence the growth of frank spiritual emptiness, depressions, suicides. Lack of meaning in life".

Neglect of native culture leads to quarrels, writes Shumkov. He sees salvation in instilling in young people a love for their roots and the memory of their ancestors.

The politician also attributed the underestimation of the importance of his native national culture, roots, national traditions to the causes of mental illness, spiritual emptiness and lack of meaning in life. The governor is convinced that the neglect of native culture and commonality with related national traditions leads to the fact that the biblical Cain and Abel again go brother against brother, hiding behind foreign “well-wishers”, for whom they are “white Papuans” and ordinary consumables.

In social networks, they did not fail to recall in this regard the similar words of the Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev, who, like all Russian rulers in general, considered himself an expert not only in politics or economics, but also in culture and was very fond of speaking out on a variety of occasions. Here is what Khrushchev thought of the great musical genre of the 20th century, jazz:

“I don’t want to offend blacks. But, in my opinion, this music is Negro. I'm talking about jazz... Huh?.. What?.. That's when American jazz was performing, I was sitting with the American ambassador Thompson. I looked and I told him: "This is Negro music". I don't want to judge her. Each nation has its own traditions, and, apparently, they were born with it, they got used to it, they like it. But I was born in a Russian village. I was brought up on Russian music, folk music. Therefore, I am pleased to hear when the songs of Solovyov-Sedov are sung, although he is not Gray, but Solovyov.

By the way, exactly 60 years ago, on December 1, 1962, he visited an exhibition of avant-garde artists in the Moscow Manege and was dissatisfied with the paintings presented:

“...The leaders of the party and government examined the work of some of the so-called abstractionists. It is impossible without a feeling of bewilderment and indignation to look at a daub on canvas, devoid of meaning, content and form. These pathological quirks are a pitiful imitation of the corrupt formalist art of the bourgeois West... Such "creativity" is alien to our people, they reject it. This is what people who call themselves artists should think about, but create such “pictures” themselves that you won’t understand whether they are drawn by a human hand or painted with a donkey’s tail. They need to understand their delusions and work for the people…”

fromhttps://en.newizv.ru

Edited by snobb - 03 Dec 2022 at 3:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic