JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I Understand Why Some PeopleMight Hate This

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Understand Why Some PeopleMight Hate This
    Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 5:37pm
I listened to this and I think its really good. Its not the style I would normally listen to, but the artistry is there. If you can point to where you have some album(s) out, we can add you to the site.
I'm going to move this to the Musicians Exchange.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 11:57am
Thanks, I will check this out later.
Nelson Montana View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Montana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 9:43am
Hello all. Nice forum.  I wanted to present this here and welcome all responses -- even constructive criticism is welcome.  

I realeased an album a few years back called "Jazz Unstandards" and it got very mixed reviews --- in that some people loved the concept and others thought of it as "anti-jazz"  --  reason being, I played all the parts. And that is the furthest thing from the art of improvisation and what is thought of as presenting a  "band chemistry."  But I wanted to challenge that notion. 

Anyway, on my latest album I also play most of the parts but am assisted by two world class players -- Alex Norris on trumpet ( Pat Martino, Ron Cater, Esperalda Spaulding, Stevie Winwood)  and Danny Walsh (Mike Stern, Lenny White, Marcus Miller). They're killing it. 

I'm looking make the album free of charge on the various sites for download but even that requires some negotiation, so in the meantime, here it is , in its entirety, on YouTune if you are at all interested. 

Again, it's jazz , but with a bit of pop sensibility.  (Short songs, vocals, and tight arrangements). And of course, everything is not performed at the same time.  But this is what I do . It's my vision and expression, but I just hope it translates to others.  

I know I'm putting my head on the chopping block, but...that's what we do. Thanks in advance for all and any responses. 

Here ya go: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5_XTZJu6IE&list=PLnbTWoRba8aRi5qvJYal47RTAKQN3r6P3

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic