Cécile McLorin Salvant's new album Ghost Song

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cécile McLorin Salvant's new album Ghost Song
    Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 12:57pm

CÉCILE MCLORIN SALVANT SIGNS TO NONESUCH FOR NEW ALBUM GHOST SONG

Four-time Grammy Award winning vocalist Cécile McLorin Salvant is set to make her debut on the Nonesuch label, with Ghost Song on 4 March 2022 

The vocalist’s first new recording since 2018’s The Window on Mack Avenue, Salvant has received much acclaim for her invigorating virtuosic readings of traditional early jazz songs. For this new album, Salvant steps beyond conventional jazz instrumentation, sonically and stylistically, with a haunting mix of originals and interpretations on the themes of ghosts, nostalgia, and yearning.

Early listens confirm the vocalist exploring a wide range of styles, from soulful Americana evoked via guitar, banjo and mandolin, and quirkier, playful moments, as well as songs such as Kate Bush’s ‘Wuthering Heights’ and a slow-burning take on Gregory Porter’s ‘No Love Dying’.

Commenting on the music Salvant said: “It’s unlike anything I’ve done before – it’s getting closer to reflecting my personality as an eclectic curator. I’m embracing my weirdness!” The first single, ‘Ghost Song’, written by Salvant, features the Brooklyn Youth Chorus. See the February 2022 issue of Jazzwise for an in-depth interview with Cécile McLorin Salvant.

For more info visit www.cecilemclorinsalvant.com

from www.jazzwise.com

Edited by snobb - 04 Nov 2021 at 12:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic