JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New YouTube Jazz Channel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calhouri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New YouTube Jazz Channel
    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 11:52am
As a collector of vinyl and discs over the past fifty or so years, I've built up a sizable library, including the work of both acknowledged masters and a number of artists I consider unfairly overlooked.

With much time on my hands of late (a common complaint, I'm sure) I hit on the idea of creating a You Tube Jazz Channel with a bit of a twist. Using a slide show program I acquired for the purpose, I've created four set lists so far, each of about album length (52-55 min) featuring mixes of established favorites (Getz, Gordon, Trane, Bill Evans, Dorham, Desmond, Mobley, Basie) along with lesser known but (IMO) worthy players (JR Monterose, Frank Strozier, Brew Moore, Tal Farlow) and paired each selection with a slide show that I've tried to suit to the title, theme or mood of the music.

As a writer by trade it was was a fun challenge, creating graphic story-lines to go with the music. The Channel can be accessed by clicking the link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSySg1k8kc_A2ZXScvaQhKA

Thanks and if you enjoy my efforts I hope you'll share them with others.

Thanks.

Edited by calhouri - 26 Feb 2021 at 3:06pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic