JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VIP member

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VIP member
    Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 5:07pm
I tried it on Prog archives. But I didn't manage it. Because they don't know how someone can become a VIP member. So, do you know? I like jazz music and I want to help you with a way.

Edited by Prog Geo - 18 Apr 2011 at 5:08pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 5:28pm
We haven't set up VIP members here yet, but you are certainly welcome to help us with the site.
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 5:39pm
So,can I become a VIP member here? I don't want to ask you to promote me as a collaborator because I think that the other collaborators know more about jazz than me. But I have thought some ways that I can help you.
triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 5:45pm
You don't have to be a VIP member to help them, George; anybody can add albums.  Sure you aren't just looking for a meaningless special title?
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 5:53pm
No, I can't. In my member zone there's not "add albums".And why do you consider VIP a meaningless title?
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 5:56pm
I've been able to add albums since I started my account...you have to be on an artist's page for the option to show up. 
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by SaltyJon SaltyJon wrote:

I've been able to add albums since I started my account...you have to be on an artist's page for the option to show up. 

Ok.But can I add album infos?
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:04pm
Only collabs can add info to albums already here.
triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Prog Geo Prog Geo wrote:

No, I can't. In my member zone there's not "add albums".And why do you consider VIP a meaningless title?

Because for the 2 or three members on progarchives with that title, it's nothing more than honorary.
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

Only collabs can add info to albums already here.

Yes, I saw it. For example, I have the original Seven days of falling of E.S.T. (Esbjorn Svensson trio). It has some informations about the release that I could add them here.
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by triceratopsoil triceratopsoil wrote:

Originally posted by Prog Geo Prog Geo wrote:

Because for the 2 or three members on progarchives with that title, it's nothing more than honorary.

I know. You're right. But I would like to have an honorary title. Is that bad?
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:14pm
Allow me to quote something from PA, if I may:

Originally posted by Atkingani Atkingani wrote:

The ProgArchives are approaching their 5th anniversary and the Admins believe that it's time to recognize the fidelity, presence, friendship and comraderie, of members that are here for a long time and, for several reasons, bear no title of Prog-Reviewer, Collab, etc.

It took PA almost 5 years to start with VIP members...a few weeks seems a bit early for JMA.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:15pm
Geo, when you become a very important person you'll most likely receive the title. That's what it's all about in the end. Wink
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

Geo, when you become a very important person you'll most likely receive the title. That's what it's all about in the end. Wink

Ok. I get it. No titles for now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic