Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My album now on Amazon & Itunes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicapah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My album now on Amazon & Itunes
    Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 7:04pm
"Two Old Friends" by the Davis - Anderson Project is now available for download on Amazon and Itunes.

John Davis and I were in a band called NEXT in the late 70s and we wrote a lot of songs together, especially during the two years we spent in L.A. pursuing a record deal.  A few years ago we decided to take advantage of modern technology and record our tunes as we always thought they should sound.  The 13 songs reflect both the spirit of the 70s and the Texas influences we grew up hearing all around us so there's a lot of rock as well as jazz, folk and a smidgen of C&W involved.  While admittedly not Return to Forever type of stuff, it certainly ain't boring.  I hate to say this but many of the younger jazzers out there may want to recommend it to their parents.  It was definitely a labor of love.  All the guitar work is yours truly (including the banjo) while John handled vocals, bass and string arrangements.  Those of you who enjoy hearing quality piano work will like what the talented Lynn Groom did with the material.  Casey Korkmas provided most of the drumming.  We hope you like what you hear.

The Amazon address is:

http://www.amazon.com/Two-Old-Friends/dp/B00CDBUVZI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=QKF0EBAU8HPK&coliid=IPVNEN12VAEUG

and you can search for it on Itunes, as well.

Thanks for your time,
Rollie Anderson
Make a joyful noise unto the Lord...
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 12:29pm
Best of luck with all that, the samples on amazon sound good, nice production.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic