Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Free Legal Jazz Downloads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Legal Jazz Downloads
    Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 2:03pm

This thread is intended to list in one place  free downloads of music, recorded by JAZZ BANDS LISTED ON THIS SITE. The policy for listing downloads in this thread is:

• Only full songs are listed, not samples
  • Only LEGAL FREE downloads could be placed there (no bootlegs)
  • It has to be possible to download or save the songs, not simply to hear them.
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 3:03pm
I'll add some:

Anthony Braxton and the Tricentric Foundation offer a number of live recordings (concerts, radio broadcasts, etc.) for free on their website.  They're available in both mp3 and FLAC formats, and the only requirement to be able to download them is to set up a free account.  Here's the list of free recordings they offer: http://tricentricfoundation.org/bootlegs
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 6:35am
Romanian modern free jazz sax improviser's Iordache live album for free d/load from his site:

SaltyJon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 10:40am
Checking that one out, thanks!

I definitely enjoyed the album, but I have to say it didn't seem quite "avant jazz" to me most of the time. Tongue

Edited by SaltyJon - 20 Apr 2011 at 11:10pm
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 3:51pm
Well I know some frown upon internet purchasing.....I certainly do not. It has helped me expand my library quite a bit, and if I find something I really enjoy usually I end up buying the CD or vinyl if it is available.

Jazz is a genre that I do spend quite a bit of time listening online, sampling artists I have never heard of. Lets face it, the economy still sucks and I am not all that fond of spending money on something I am not familiar with.

I strongly support artists getting paid for their work, in some way, as much as possible. For this reason I have been a music subscription supporter of the Microsoft Zune Marketplace. For USD15 per month I can download all that I want and listen on my computer or sync to my Zune device. Since these are DRM protected files I cannot burn to a CD, unless I actually purchase the songs or album. With my monthly subscription I also get 10 free downloads per month, DRM free mp3 files to keep forever.

The jazz/blues section of the Marketplace is pretty nice very extensive. You can download the software for free, setup an account and look around for no charge. If you like it then I would suggest signing up for the Zune Pass, on a monthly basis, so if you end up not liking it you can always cancel with no problems.
I have had a zune Pass account since 2006.....I very much enjoy it.

Simply a suggestion if you are looking for an online music source, shopping location and also for me the software helps me manage my digital collection nicely.

Regards
My jazz collection....a work in progress.
idlero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idlero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 10:39am

'Special Quartet-Namouche' from Spain available at Jamendo

Edited by snobb - 15 May 2011 at 2:08pm
idlero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idlero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 10:42am

Good piano trio from Italy available at Jamendo:

Edited by snobb - 15 May 2011 at 2:08pm
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 2:08pm
As you can read at the beginning of this thread only downloads of 

JAZZ BANDS LISTED ON THIS SITE could be placed there. I didn't find your mentioned bands on JMA, if I'm right you can suggest them for addition first. If they will be approved, you will be able to add these downloads. Till that time I will remove your links

idlero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idlero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 2:49pm
Censored
I think the problem with a lot of the fusion music is that it's extremely predictable, it's a rock rhythm and the solos all play the same stuff and they play it over and over again ...
Ken Burns
Freddie Freeloader View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freddie Freeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by SaltyJon SaltyJon wrote:

I'll add some:

Anthony Braxton and the Tricentric Foundation offer a number of live recordings (concerts, radio broadcasts, etc.) for free on their website.  They're available in both mp3 and FLAC formats, and the only requirement to be able to download them is to set up a free account.  Here's the list of free recordings they offer: http://tricentricfoundation.org/bootlegs
!!!
This just made my day!!!!!
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 3:32pm

Return to Forever have made a live version of Señor Mouse from their 2011 tour of Australia available for free download.   http://return2forever.com/free-download/

idlero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idlero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 1:37pm
I think the problem with a lot of the fusion music is that it's extremely predictable, it's a rock rhythm and the solos all play the same stuff and they play it over and over again ...
Ken Burns
idlero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idlero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 1:45pm
08 Trio -Live In Studio at
http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/88721
Ken Burns
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 2:39pm
Two live albums for free download from band's site - interesting Icelandic hard-bop ASA Trio:

The Truth View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 3:25pm
This thread should be good for my recent jazz binge. Hug
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 2:29am
New Dawn Of Midi EP free download from trio's site:

tupan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 10:19am
The collective Panopticon is offering ALL their releases for free. Just browse in their blog: http://enterpanopticon.blogspot.com/
Polo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by The Truth The Truth wrote:

This thread should be good for my recent jazz binge. Hug

Fixed.

That's Kenny G with Miles Davis on my avatar, by the way.
tupan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 8:40pm
The first album of the canadian group Paiens is free for download in their official website: http://www.paiens.com/8/DISCOGRAPHIE.html
Or just click on the direct download link: http://www.guntohead.com/downloads/Les_Paiens-Cougar_Slices-(Reissue)-2008-VAN.zip
tupan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 10:30am
THe album from Special Quartet is freehere: http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/41851
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic