JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

R.I.P. McCoy Tyner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallawayJumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R.I.P. McCoy Tyner
    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 3:25am

a great, great gift he gave to us - a prodigious talent - he will be remembered

Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 1:14am
Man, I feel like an orphan with this disappearance Ouch

McCoy was my fave pianist.... bar none.Star
His instantly recognizeable style with that awesome left hand play made him unique Clap

RIP and Thx for the music, whether with Trane (the last of the mythic quartet) or on "solo" (his string of 70's albums is near-flawless and one of the longuest ever

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

bons ritmos View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bons ritmos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 9:07am
absolutly a major influence on my life. i practice with his music regularly , like rebirth and super trios, to really align my swing

between him herbie , chick, and jarrett, he swung the hardest

i just mixed "milestones" a super up modal bop when miles did with tony and ron and herbie and george coleman , and that group also was a major infuence on the jazz i want to play

but i realised that in the recording , there was so  much influence of mccoy on my playing of up modal bop, what with mouzon , and gravatt with sonny fortune and junie booth, that i had to dedicate the youtube to him.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic