JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >I Have A Question For You......?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Songs similar to this/what genre of jazz is this?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Songs similar to this/what genre of jazz is this?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Songs similar to this/what genre of jazz is this?
    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 9:40pm
Those two pieces don't represent a particular jazz genre as the anticipatory nature of the music probably has more to do with it being a soundtrack. If there is one soundtrack these two remind me of, it would be this one:

As far as jazz genres similar to these two tracks, on this site try Cool Jazz or Post Fusion Contemporary.
Try the piano music of Ahmad Jamal in the 50s and early 60s.
Jinko View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jinko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 8:15pm
Hello everyone first time on the forums here and wanted some help tracking down songs, albums  or artists that are similar in tone to these two tracks
https://youtu.be/yiNf4xxiMdA
https://youtu.be/nsXyFS0-Izo
the second track in particular I've been in love with and have been searching desperately for anything similar sounding or just trying to pinpoint what subgenre of jazz this may be. If i could get any recommendations or pointers that would help out a lot please and thank you!! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic