JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic farewell UK tour
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic farewell UK tour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic farewell UK tour
    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 4:25am

The funk pioneers will play six final shows this May and June

The funk pioneer George Clinton is bidding farewell to the UK by playing a series of concerts with his band Parliament Funkadelic, who have been going for over 50 years. The Grammy lifetime achievement award winners revolutionized R&B during the ’70s, twisting soul music into funk by adding influences from several late-’60s acid heroes: Jimi Hendrix, Frank Zappa, and Sly Stone.

Parliament’s live shows have become legendary for high-energy, high-spontaneity performance, led by the 78 year old singer. He recently told Rolling Stone Magazine, “I save all the energy until I get on the stage and then I have a burst of energy and look like I’ve been jamming all day long. We have to go through the history, and we have to do the new stuff because we have such young kids that’s into the group now that know the history. So I usually call the songs when I get on the stage, according to what the crowd feels like to me. I can jump from 50 years ago to right up to now, and people will be familiar with the songs. And since we never do them the same way, it’s a new experience.”

Confirmed dates:

Fri 29 May - Bristol - o2 Academy

Sat 30 May - Funk & Soul Weekender - Margate

Mon 1 Jun - London - o2 Forum

Wed 3 Jun - Glasgow - o2 Academy

Thu 4 Jun - Nottingham - Rock City

from https://planetradio.co.uk

Edited by snobb - 26 Feb 2020 at 4:26am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic