JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Guitar legend Bill Frisell signs for Blue Note Rec
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Guitar legend Bill Frisell signs for Blue Note Rec

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guitar legend Bill Frisell signs for Blue Note Rec
    Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 6:55am

Photo: Monica-Jane-Frisell

American guitarist Bill Frisell has signed to the world famous Blue Note Record label for his new album titled ‘Harmony’, due for release this Autumn. It’s the first time the 68 year old has released a solo record with Blue Note, although he’s been associated with the label for decades, having played with Charles Lloyd, Norah Jones, Ron Carter and many more.

He says it’s an opportunity to reflect on the music he’s been playing for so many years: “It’s wild, at this point in my life, thinking back all the way to high school and all these strands of things coming together,” Frisell reflects. “And here I am now—I have an album coming out on Blue Note. Is it possible that I could be part of all this?”

Bill has also announced a UK live show - he’s playing London’s Cadogan Hall on Tuesday 15th October.

from www.jazzfm.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic