Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Phil Cavalieri Fusion Guitarist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phil Cavalieri Fusion Guitarist
    Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 9:47am
Guitarist Phil Cavalieri took some time to answer some questions for us, he's a great guy, very up front and friendly, with a passion for music and life.

Question: Who are some of your favorite guitarists?
Phil: I believe that now his personal rhythm approach into solos makes Wayne Krantz maybe the jazz guitar player that I'm listening mostly, but I always loved John Mclaughlin, John Scofield and Scott Henderson and also Bireli Lagrene.
I started to play guitar because of Santana and Jerry Garcia so I really can't forget these two guys, also because their music pushed me to develop my knowledge of harmony on the guitar and then bring me straight to jazz music.

Question: Name some of your favorite recent jazz albums.
Phil: In these days of listening to the new Kyle Eastwood album, and actually I'm discovering the music of Kevin Eubanks, I started from the late "The Messenger" album and now I 'm discovering his whole music.
And I love the music of  Madeleine Peyroux because I love jazz singers and I'm following her since her first cd that I remember I bought fortunatly some years ago in Barcelona.

Question: What are some of your favorite albums of all-time.
Phil: I think:  Chet Baker - Chet Baker Sings
      John Coltrane:A Love Supreme
Freddie Hubbard - Red Clay
and of corse the Miles Davis stuff (difficult to write all the titles.....)
and for the fusion side I think that the Mahavishnu Orchestra early albums really got into that new jazz rock sound and the Return to Forever early albums too.

Question: What is some other music you like besides jazz and fusion?
Phil: I'm definitely a Deadhead. I'm really into grateful dead music...I started to listen when I saw Antonioni's "Zabriskie point" ( Antonioni was from my hometown Ferrara too!!) and I never quit to listen jam bands since them.
I was lucky to go recently to the States and I attended to some live acst frrm Grateful dead former members....amazing! I still listen to some classic rock by the way,all the Chicago-Blood sweat and tears still make methrills. I dont' like a lot the new new rock music you can find on the radio because I don't find anything really interesting expect maybe the Fleet foxes that has anyway a vintage kind of sound.

Question: What are some of your interests outside of music?
Phil: Definitely cinema! I love the old movies....and I'm trying to educate my wife to the black and white movies era.

Question: Thanks Phil, do you want to add anything else?
Phil: Sometimes it's difficult for an indipendent artisti to find a place to show his work, so I really want to say thank you for the time you grant me on your site. If anyone want to buy my album can easily find on CDBABY and the major digital distributors or on my page (www.philcavalieri.com). Thanks for all John!

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 9:49am
Thanks again Phil, this site exists for guys like you as we do our best to help out the new jazz artists and the fans who seek those artists.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic