JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Improving Member Profile

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Improving Member Profile
    Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 9:21am
I must say that I think that the memberprofiles at this moment not really add to any popularity of the jazzmusicarchives.
It would be nice if our profile would show a few things: profilephoto, a possibility to add actual coverphoto's of the albums/ep's and so you own. To have a list with just album titles and the ratings is not really important.
If we want to attract more people , a more personal profilepage would appeal to many.

At least that's what I think......

EntertheLemming View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EntertheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 8:23am
I was invited to provide reviews when the site first opened up and I did that plus had the ability to add albums and edit album info etc. I added most of the Jimmy Smith and Thelonius Monk albums info but editing of same has now been revoked for all non collabs (although I admit I wasn't a frequent visitor thereafter)

Seems a pity?.....

Edited by EntertheLemming - 02 May 2013 at 8:25am
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 8:28am
Sorry Iain, we thought you had left. I'll send you a message.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 8:29am
Originally posted by jazzoh jazzoh wrote:

I must say that I think that the memberprofiles at this moment not really add to any popularity of the jazzmusicarchives.
It would be nice if our profile would show a few things: profilephoto, a possibility to add actual coverphoto's of the albums/ep's and so you own. To have a list with just album titles and the ratings is not really important.
If we want to attract more people , a more personal profilepage would appeal to many.

At least that's what I think......

There are some problems with the edit profile right now. The owner has been notified, but he has not been able to fix it at this time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic