2 [25.00%]
3 [37.50%]
1 [12.50%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The 50th anniversary album
    Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 7:18am
I think that I do the bebop after mode jazz and included various elements and technique. It would be time like the dawns of Post Bop at the same time. I think that the jazz just 50 years ago is very important, and this album group announced near by is important to the basics of current modern jazz and jazz in the 70s at the same time if I consider a flow to be derived.

Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 5:17pm
I've listened to all those except Evans'. 

I'll go for Black Saint which I've listened the other day and I consider a total masterpiece. 

The other albums are really good too, but they're not a peak in those artist's careers, in my opinion, unlike Mingus'. 

Edited by Abraxas - 17 Feb 2013 at 6:49pm
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 5:21am
Hard for me to go past Mingus, but I love Bill and that album is one of my favs, so I'll vote there tonight.
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 5:40am
Considering how over hyped some of Miles' albums are, you could say 7 Steps deserves more attention, excellent album, although every thing on this list is excellent.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 5:48am
Originally posted by Kazuhiro Kazuhiro wrote:

I think that I do the bebop after mode jazz and included various elements and technique. It would be time like the dawns of Post Bop at the same time. I think that the jazz just 50 years ago is very important, and this album group announced near by is important to the basics of current modern jazz and jazz in the 70s at the same time if I consider a flow to be derived.

Hey Kaz,

Before I vote, can you word differently , coz I'm not sure what you're on about.. please??Wink..

Or is this simply your fave album that's celebrating the 50th anniv...

Edited by Sean Trane - 18 Feb 2013 at 5:50am
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 5:53am
He's just saying that he considers these albums to be the beginning of a new era in jazz. 
The structure of English is backwards to most other languages, just read from back to forward, ha.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 6:06am
Haha. Anyway. I thought that I read comment of everybody, and my intention came. I was going to convey that I had inevitability for that it was not only an album of 1963 and just looked good with jazz of this time in the middle of a change simply, and it to enter in the 70s.

I thought that a vote is concentrated in Mingus, but in any case I am satisfied with this vote.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 7:52am
Originally posted by js js wrote:

He's just saying that he considers these albums to be the beginning of a new era in jazz. 
The structure of English is backwards to most other languages, just read from back to forward, ha.

Ok, now I get it. (sorry Kaz) .. While not really agreeing on the date.... To me, I'd say 59 ... or eventually 61: Trane's modal albums  MFT (a bit) and Olé(much more)

I'll resist voting Mingus (who will inevitably win, IMHO) and go for Trane's impression

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

nilamusman View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nilamusman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 5:15am
John Coltrane - Impressions
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic