JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

iReal Pro with melodies!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pcoldham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: iReal Pro with melodies!
    Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 3:27am
iReal Pro is an incredible resource for Jazz Standards isn't it?

The only thing is that it doesn't have the melodies! 

As a result, we are all flying blind when we play tunes. Especially singers, who need to change keys. And musicians who want to practice a tune in other keys. 

I have been inputting melodies with lyrics and chords into the free program MuseScore for ages and I realised, if every musician who could uploaded just one tune, the task would be done ten times over.

No need really for it to go on like this! If we all Musescore'd one tune could have a complete database of jazz standards to draw on in no time. We could easily upload it somewhere where we could all access it whenever we liked and problem solved.

I can start by posting the ones I've already done in the near future and linking back here. 

Would anyone like to collaborate with me? Even one melody makes a difference! 

Otherwise  I will try to do one a day or a couple a week on a schedule and then I ought to have the basic couple of hundred done by the end of the year. I'd rather collaborate of course, but it seems a worthy project.

Feel free to send me encouragement!

Best wishes,

Peter
insta: peterplaysmusic
@peterplaysmusic

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic