JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Oscar Peterson fan, looking for similar modern art
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oscar Peterson fan, looking for similar modern art

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oscar Peterson fan, looking for similar modern art
    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 1:36am
Hello,

In the past few years I discovered the work of Oscar Peterson, and he's my favorite. However since he's no longer with us, I'd like to find artists that play similar styles and have a similar energy.

I think he had some elements of ragtime and stride, but I'm sure people here have a much better idea. I'm looking for recommendations on current artists that might offer something similar. I'd also appreciate the possibility of seeing touring artists in the PNW: Seattle, Vancouver, or Portland.

Then can I get some recommendations on some different artists that I should check out? Maybe also some of which I might find on tour or at a jazz festival in the next few years?
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 6:29am
Michika Fukumori is a current artist with some similarities to Peterson, check out her music and let me know what you think and I will try to get more.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic