JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Links in top5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueNote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Links in top5
    Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 4:20pm
Hi, would it be hard to make artist names in top 5 on the main page to links to their discography? Or is it like this on purpose? It sometimes gets annoying when I want to quickly get on Davis' or Coltrane's discography.

Thanks
We lay on our backs, looking at the ceiling and wondering what God had wrought when He made life so sad.
- Jean-Louis Lebris de Kerouac
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 9:42pm
The top 5 list on the main page is the top 5 most popular albums, not the most popular artists, needless to say, if you click on that album's title you will get that album, not the artist page.

If you want the artist involved, just click on the album, and on the next page click on the artist and you will get their full discography.

As far as changing the front page so that it would not show the 5 most popular albums, but instead show the 5 most popular artists, that would require a change from the site owner plus lots of work, I doubt he is going to want to do that. Wink
BlueNote View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueNote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 3:07am
I'm talking only about changing it to:
Kind of Blue (link to album page)
Miles Davis (link to his discography)

nothing else :)
We lay on our backs, looking at the ceiling and wondering what God had wrought when He made life so sad.
- Jean-Louis Lebris de Kerouac
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 5:12am
I'm not sure if that can be changed, and either way, it would require the owner to change it and I don't think he's going to do that.
I understand the convenience, that would be nice.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic