FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Album to help hurricane Sandy victims

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Anthony_Jazz View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony_Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Album to help hurricane Sandy victims
    Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 1:10pm
Hurricane Sandy Victims To Receive Donation From Singer/Songwriter Anthony

For Immediate Release

FREEHOLD, N.J./EWORLDWIRE/Dec 17, 2012 --- Anthony, songwriter, solo male vocal artist,and native of the Jersey Shore town, Monmouth Beach, will donate net proceeds from his newly released album, "From the HIP" to both Save the Children and Habitat for Humanity, organizations at the forefront of assisting victims of Hurricane Sandy.

"I spent several days helping my father, who lives in Monmouth Beach, clean up from the destruction of the storm. His basement was totally submerged, as was four feet of the first floor - he was one of the luckier ones," said Anthony. "Each day I drove to his home, I witnessed unimaginable devastation, not only to my hometown but to those in surrounding areas. This is simply my small contribution to helping people get their lives back in order."

Anthony's jazz album contains his new material and was performed by local musicians, some living in the hardest hit towns. "The musicians who played on the CD will be glad to know that their talents will now go beyond their musical contributions and will be a source for helping fellow residents," stated Anthony.

The resumes of the musicians on the album include backgrounds that have played for such notables as Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Stan Getz, Les Paul, Lionel Hampton Big Band, Olivia Newton-John, as well as with Broadway productions.

As for Anthony's vocals, Marc Myers, founder of JazzWax, journalist and contributor to the Wall Street Journal, wrote crisply, "Dig the voice."

"Buyers of 'From the HIP' will be reminded of their assistance to victims of Sandy each time they play the music," added Anthony.

Anthony's interest in jazz began at an early age but only recently became an area of emphasis in his songwriting. His distinctive style is founded on the traditions that created the great American songbook, a genre that is the repertoire of many jazz vocalists and musicians; his current work is attracting positive reviews from the jazz community.

An entrepreneur by nature, Anthony is involved in several businesses and nonprofit ventures.

To preview and purchase the CD, visit http://www.anthonyjazz.com.

MEDIA: A review copy is available by contacting Anthony at 7323329800.

HTML: http://www.eworldwire.com/view_release.php?id=none

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic