JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Lester Young Trio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Lester Young Trio
    Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 1:18am
I went to the neighboring shop the other day. "Pres and Teddy" was used and was sold. Approximately 5 dollars. I intend to prevent that somebody buys it. However, I must wait for a payday. Unhappy
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 1:13am
There is not the problem at all. Thank you for contributing. Thumbs Up Lester Young is a great musician. While I worked, I wanted to collect albums. Smile
Amilisom View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amilisom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 1:02am
Cool, Thanks. Yes, I misread the wikipedia information.
"Pay no attention to what the critics say; there has never been a statue set up in honor of a critic."

-Jean Sibelius
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 11:49pm
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Amilisom Amilisom wrote:

The Lester Young Trio (album recorded in '46 and released '51) is labeled as being released in 1961. Also, along with it is the album The Lester Young Trio No. 2, recorded and released the same years.

About Trio No. 2. On the release date of this album, there are many things indicating 1953 as information. I checked it in various pages. Therefore, I adopt 1953 about No. 2. Please submit it when there is the information that you are convinced of.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 11:41pm

My pleasure, John. Big smile I may rely on even perception about information, but I receive only the information that the huge antenna is enough for for a site. Smile

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 11:34pm
Nice research on those release dates Kazuhiro. Thumbs Up
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 11:29pm
I added some albums. When it is not the album which you expected, please inform it.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 9:47pm
OK. I go to check it.
Amilisom View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amilisom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 9:13pm
The third one consists of Lester, John Lewis on Piano, Joe Shulman on bass, and Bill Clark and drums. The recording was done in 1950. The tracks list as:

Little Three Words
Count Every Star
It All Depends on You
Neenah
"Pay no attention to what the critics say; there has never been a statue set up in honor of a critic."

-Jean Sibelius
Amilisom View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amilisom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 9:10pm
If they could be added, I also just got two more recordings from a Lester Young collection of Lester Young playing with Hank Jones on piano, Ray Brown on bass, and Buddy Rich on drums in a recording made in 1949. Unfortunately I wasn't given the album name, but the tracks are listed as:

Too Marvelous For Words
'Deed I Do
Encore
Polka Dots and Moonbeams
Up 'n' Adam

If you can find out what album it is, that would be awesome.

-Jean Sibelius
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 9:01pm
Thank you for informing it. I revised it. No.2 intends to add it later.

Edited by Kazuhiro - 13 Dec 2012 at 9:06pm
Amilisom View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amilisom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 8:50pm
The Lester Young Trio (album recorded in '46 and released '51) is labeled as being released in 1961. Also, along with it is the album The Lester Young Trio No. 2, recorded and released the same years.

-Jean Sibelius
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic