0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Senor Spielbergo Film List
    Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 12:51am

As always, I'm happy to see some 'others' because I may have missed a few favs.  This time I've put the multiple votes on too.

Steven seems to divide audiences between those who don't like his moralistic side and those who like his fun, blockbuster side (and varying issues and shades between etc etc etc)

Haven't voted yet, not sure which one(s) to choose - just re-watched Duel actually and it's an amazing first feature film

Edited by dreadpirateroberts - 16 Aug 2012 at 12:52am
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 1:16am
Schindler's List (with Munich next)
Atavachron View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 1:25am
it's hard to beat Duel though it is a little dated (not that it matters); Close Encounters was excellent; Raiders his last great action movie; Private Ryan was, after all the hype, a fairly good little flick; and Schindler a masterpiece no doubt but just so friggin long and dark...great though, riveting.   I vote Duel, Dennis Weaver is incredible.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 6:00am
I like Jurassic Park, the underlying theme about nature's ability to fight back and grow, its relentless power, was well done.
idlero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idlero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 6:24am
'Close encounters..' for me....
I think the problem with a lot of the fusion music is that it's extremely predictable, it's a rock rhythm and the solos all play the same stuff and they play it over and over again ...
Ken Burns
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 8:20am
Originally posted by idlero idlero wrote:

'Close encounters..' for me....

A classic - somehow I actually saw this episode of The Simpsons before I saw 'Close Encounters...' and nearly hit the floor when I finally saw the film, because all I could think of was Homer LOL

Originally posted by snobb snobb wrote:

Schindler's List (with Munich next)

Great film, dark as David says below, but still amazing. I haven't seen Munich yet, will have to add it to my endless list of 'films I have to watch'

Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

it's hard to beat Duel though it is a little dated (not that it matters); Close Encounters was excellent; Raiders his last great action movie; Private Ryan was, after all the hype, a fairly good little flick; and Schindler a masterpiece no doubt but just so friggin long and dark...great though, riveting.   I vote Duel, Dennis Weaver is incredible.

I agree - Dennis is amazing in 'Duel,' his portrayal of fear is great and I love the interior-monologue scene in the diner

Originally posted by js js wrote:

I like Jurassic Park, the underlying theme about nature's ability to fight back and grow, its relentless power, was well done.

I agree, and that aspect could easily have been messed up too but thankfully it wasn't. Great one which makes the audience question who the villain is etc
Reviews...
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 9:03am
^ the follow up Jurassics were awful.
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 9:16am
Very true - I think I saw the second and then gave up on the rest. The lure of the sequel-dollars!
Reviews...
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 1:27pm
I thought the sequel was OK, but the third one was awful.

But yea, my vote is for Jurassic Park, if only because Jeff Goldblum is in it. Wink
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 11:37pm
Ah, just about anything with Jeff in it is pretty damn good.
Can you remember what was really bad about Jurassic Park 3? I doubt I'll ever watch it but am curious
Reviews...
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 11:41pm
^ No, it's been years and years since I last watched it. It just wasn't good is all I remember.
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 8:18am
^ sticking with the monster theme - what did you think of Jaws
Reviews...
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 7:35pm

The movie which Spielberg produced is still popular in Japan. About a work of the 70s in particular. I did not know all, but it was "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" that a topic became in Japan in particular.

The SF was popular at that time in Japan. I remember ending scene coming in contact with the alien by this movie. Too famous. It was the contents which I could understand for a Japanese a little. Similarly, the SF film was popular like "2001: A Space Odyssey". The SF is popular even if it is difficult contents.

"Duel" will be indispensable for a fan. However, "1941 "was too unpopular works.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic