JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newly found Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KLS4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newly found Vinyl
    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:01am
Hi,

I am new to this forum so apologies if this is not the correct place for this. 

Today I found a couple of albums that I can find no information about on the internet and wondered if anyone could shed any light on them or indeed the band themselves.

The band is called The Presumpscot River Bottom Boys and I picked up 2 albums. I think they are tilted A Continental Cakewalk and In August Body Assembled but can't swear to those being correct.

Anyway, any information would be very welcome. The albums are in mint condition and yes they were found in Blackpool, Lancashire in England. 
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:15am
Here is one of their albums. Looks like they were one of thousands of dixieland revival bands. Bands like this were quite common at one time, many of them just local groups with no particular fame outside where they lived.
The album looks like a small local label release.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 7:49am
They are definitely a semi-pro local dixieland band, such bands were quite numerous until the era of local rock bands in the early 70s.

Here is some info:
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 6:45pm
This has been moved to Featured Albums.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic