JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Japanese Jazz!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote betosan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Japanese Jazz!
    Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 2:10am
Hello everyone!

I am a relative novice when it comes to jazz but I do enjoy it very much! I have been living in Tokyo for about two and a half years now and I usually spend my saturday nights at a jazz bar where we do free jamming sessions and anyone can participate.

Anyway, I have come to really like japanese jazz and I wanted to share a playlist that I have been curating on Spotify for a few months now! I know its cliche and not well accepted within the musician's community since royalties paid by spotify are famously low and the business in general isn't really kind to musicians.. however, its one of the best ways to reach potentially hundreds of thousands of people (stretching the expectations of how many jazz lovers actually USE spotify). Below is the link! I hope you like!!! And if you have any comments or suggestions for the next update please let me know !!

Thank you!

https://open.spotify.com/user/tommy0839/playlist/1h0ZxK7VV6jHt9Gk1qc2w9?si=sqTei6VMQh6Wt255f4olLg
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 3:14am
I can't read your list because I don't have spotify, but I thought you might be interested in this thread we have on Japanese jazz:

Edited by js - 18 Sep 2018 at 3:14am
betosan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote betosan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 7:11pm
Hey! thanks for checking out my post!

Yeah, that seems to be the case a lot with jazz people haha. But its a great way to reach younger listeners!

I checked out the link and it looks great! a lot of wonderful artists are being shared there!

Thank you!!
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 2:40am
This thread has been moved to top tens and lists.
Frederic_Alderon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frederic_Alderon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:32pm
Really good jazz, I should say. I listened to Japanise one one's it was something like this - https://open.spotify.com/album/1XEP2FaI9kZe2Cejd68izL - and that was also pretty much on the level
Much appreciated for sharing!   
minhnt0706 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minhnt0706 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 7:56pm
Awesome list. I am a fan of Japanese music for a long time but I just start listening to Japanese Jazz recently. Can you give me more?
I have my own blog where I write about Japanese song lyrics. Visit it to share your hobby with me!
------------
My blog: Japanese Song Lyrics
betosan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote betosan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 6:23pm
Hey! I myself have just been exploring the world of japanese jazz online myself for a few months now, but check out the link provided above! There are some awesome suggestions!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic