JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beardfish

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beardfish
    Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:12pm
Nothing really needs to be said, and I,m surprised that they aren't here already. So post away!

Here's some examples:

^The sax section on this one is killer! Especially around 00:30

Edited by The Block - 08 Apr 2011 at 4:17pm
[FLASH WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=200]http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/ju/uq/qi/ctures_119.jpg[/FLASH]
triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:18pm
It's so not jazz.
The Block View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:22pm
With the reception that Beardfish has had so far I might have to change my avatar Cry

EDIT: Jazz Related Rock might be a good place for them, and as for me I'm changing my avatar to (').

Edited by The Block - 08 Apr 2011 at 4:27pm
[FLASH WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=200]http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/ju/uq/qi/ctures_119.jpg[/FLASH]
Polo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:30pm
Lol no, leave them to PA. You should spend your time suggesting important jazz bands the collabs forgot to add.

That's Kenny G with Miles Davis on my avatar, by the way.
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:32pm
I love Beardfish, but they have no place here at JMA
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:33pm
Hahahahaha, what? There is not a trace of jazz in any of those clips. Since when is a saxophone is equal to jazz related?  

Edited by Henry Plainview - 08 Apr 2011 at 4:33pm
Stooge View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:41pm
He's had enough, guys.  I'm sure you'll see much more out-of-order suggestions in the future.
The Block View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:45pm
See you guys later, i'm going to MMA...
The Block View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Henry Plainview Henry Plainview wrote:

Hahahahaha, what? There is not a trace of jazz in any of those clips. Since when is a saxophone is equal to jazz related?  

All i said was that there was some really good sax on it, not  that it was jazz because of it, read...
Polo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by The Block The Block wrote:

All i said was that there was some really good sax on it, not  that it was jazz because of it, read...
Why did you suggest them then?

That's Kenny G with Miles Davis on my avatar, by the way.
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by The Block The Block wrote:

Ok, well you didn't give any reason that it would be related to jazz and not 100% '70s symphonic rock, so I assumed that you thought the saxophone was jazzy . 
J-Man View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 5:32pm
Holy crap guys, let it rest a bit! Stern Smile The guy just made a well-intended suggestion! I don't personally believe that Beardfish belong on a jazz site either, but there's a difference between respectfully disagreeing and bashing on somebody.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic