JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite Simpsons Episode

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Choose a fav episode (from a list off the top of my head)
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [25.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [25.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [50.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favourite Simpsons Episode
    Posted: 26 May 2012 at 1:05pm
Because the writers of The Simpsons like the 'play on words/titles' approach to titling, I thought I'd use common, hopefully memory-triggering names for the episodes.

For instance:

Kamp Krusty is obvious
The Springfield Connection aint too bad - it's the one where Marge becomes a cop, so fittingly I'll call it 'Marge the Cop'
Bart of Darkness however, is actually the one where the Simpsons get a pool & Bart breaks his leg

and so on, hope all that makes sense. Had a hard time thinking of only 25 and had to skip a few. I didn't go past Season 9 - but there's of course the 'Other' option of course!

We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 1:11pm
I've gone for Homer VS New York - for the moment where he is standing by his car, holding a stick and stretching, thinking he is getting closer to the pizza shop, after which we get an aerial shot of the plaza. Fantastic, wish I had a screen grab

Reviews...
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 1:14pm
You listed some great episodes, but my favorite is the one where Homer works for the ultimate 80s progressive yet corrupt young boss (Hank Scorpio) the episode merges the 80s progressive boss satire with the classic James Bond movie, brilliant!
I like that episode because I worked for a guy like that during the 80s.
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 1:16pm
^ damn it! That's one of my favourite episodes, can't believe I forgot it! 'You Only Move Twice'
So good that one, absolutely - and kinda sad that everything goes so well for Homer but is doomed.

That sounds scary, what was the business?  I have a few people in leadership where I teach that have that vibe, just not as strong as old Hank but
Reviews...
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 1:18pm
The Homer vs NY episode is brilliant. My first wife had a classic Homer type visit to NYC; towed car, expensive parking tickets, windows broken and things stolen etc, ha ha. She loves that episode.

Edited by js - 26 May 2012 at 1:27pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by dreadpirateroberts dreadpirateroberts wrote:

^ damn it! That's one of my favourite episodes, can't believe I forgot it! 'You Only Move Twice'
So good that one, absolutely - and kinda sad that everything goes so well for Homer but is doomed.

That sounds scary, what was the business?  I have a few people in leadership where I teach that have that vibe, just not as strong as old Hank but

It was a progressive creative metal design company. sometimes my job would be to chain metal beams to a truck and drag them through the parking lot to give them that "distressed look". I would also pour acid on metal for stains, I was paid money to be a punk artist, but my "progressive" boss also didn't mind having people risk their neck with dangerous chemicals and inadequate equipment trying to pull off crazy installations of giant metal pieces and also, what did family matter when "we all need to pitch in" and get this job done on Christmas, in short, he was evil Evil Smile
Stooge View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 1:56pm
Marge vs. The Monorail is jumping out right now, though it's a tough choice.

Leonard Nimoy: "A solar eclipse.  The cosmic ballet goes on."
Monorail Passenger" "Does anyone want to switch seats?" LOL

Plenty of good quotes from this one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701173/quotes
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 12:55am
^ yes! Awesome choice, I should have thought of that one too.
Batman's a scientist?
Reviews...
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 1:00am

Originally posted by js js wrote:

The Homer vs NY episode is brilliant. My first wife had a classic Homer type visit to NYC; towed car, expensive parking tickets, windows broken and things stolen etc, ha ha. She loves that episode.

Cool that she can laugh at that episode, was that her first visit to New York? Would have sent me home vowing, Homer-like, never to return

Originally posted by js js wrote:

Originally posted by dreadpirateroberts dreadpirateroberts wrote:

That sounds scary, what was the business? I have a few people in leadership where I teach that have that vibe, just not as strong as old Hank but

It was a progressive creative metal design company. sometimes my job would be to chain metal beams to a truck and drag them through the parking lot to give them that "distressed look". I would also pour acid on metal for stains, I was paid money to be a punk artist, but my "progressive" boss also didn't mind having people risk their neck with dangerous chemicals and inadequate equipment trying to pull off crazy installations of giant metal pieces and also, what did family matter when "we all need to pitch in" and get this job done on Christmas, in short, he was evil Evil Smile

Geeze, that dragging sounds kinda fun but amazing in terms of what people will pay for - 'designer metal beams' awesome, and acid sounds fun to work with, never tried.   I do loathe those types, had a few bosses (not quite that bad) like it and it's crazy how wildly the contradictions happen within them. I remember one of my lectures at uni being told he could have Sunday afternoon for his family, and they were mistakenly imagining themselves as generous there.
Reviews...
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 9:40pm
I found out that Homer's boss in that episode is based on Richard Branson.  LOL
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 2:29am
I'm glad you included Cape Feare, that's been my favourite for years. A non stop laughter fest.
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 3:08am
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

I'm glad you included Cape Feare, that's been my favourite for years. A non stop laughter fest.

Superb episode, huh?
Easily one of the best, not only Simpsons episode, but perhaps one of the best parodies?
Reviews...
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 1:34am
There are so many great ones. Can't and won't choose LOL

Edited by ProgMetaller2112 - 07 Oct 2014 at 1:34am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic