Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Jazz related lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steely Dan announce UK tour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steely Dan announce UK tour
    Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 4:23am
Monday, September 3rd, 2018 11:21am 

Steely Dan are set to play their first full UK tour for the first time in nearly ten years. The announcement follows their acclaimed one-off live show at London’s Bluesfest a year ago, and will feature Steve Winwood in support. Founder member Donald Fagen lost his bandmate Walter Becker in 2017 after a sudden illness, but said “I intend to keep the music we created together alive as long as I can with the Steely Dan band.”

The group started in 1972, has sold more than 40 million albums and was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in 2001. Confirmed dates so far include Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham and London plus Dublin, Ireland. Tickets go on sale this Friday 7 August via. Live Nation.

Dates:

20 February 2019      Glasgow, U.K.               The SSE Hydro
21 February 2019      Manchester, U.K.          Manchester Arena
23 February 2019      Birmingham, U.K.          Genting Arena
25 February 2019      London, U.K.                 The SSE Arena, Wembley
28 February 2019      Dublin, Ireland               3Arena

from www.jazzfm.com

Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 3:16pm
Sad about Walter Becker. I saw them around ten years ago and it was great. The majority of the concert was 'Aja" and "Gaucho" but they played a couple of early ones as well "Dirty Work' and "Black Friday" come to mind. Someone in the audience kept constantly yelling to Fagen play Rikki and he cracked it and yelled back "I am not playing Rikki" . So don't be disappointed if you don't hear "Rikki Don't Lose That Number". Didn't matter anyway, as I said above "They were great" loved it.
Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic