JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alex Riel Trio / Alex Riel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alex Riel Trio / Alex Riel
    Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 11:20am
JazzDenmark bio:

"Line-up: 
Alex Riel (drums) Heine Hansen (piano) Jesper Lundgaard (bass)

About : 

It was a dream come true when Alex Riel formed his own trio with Heine Hansen on piano and Jesper Lundgaard on bass. “I see this trio as my musical playground where I can try out my ideas, take chances and play tunes I’ve always wanted to take up. And to do so in the company of such bizarrely good musicians as Heine Hansen and Jesper Lundgaard is both a huge challenge and amazingly inspiring!” says Alex Riel about his trio.
Alex Riel is one of Europe’s most celebrated and widely performing drummers. Known for his original style and his ability to listen to his fellow players, he has since the 1960s been widely sought after by European and American musicians. Piano trios have held a special place in Alex Riel’s heart ever since he toured with the Bill Evans Trio at the age of 25. Since then, he has accompanied a star-studded parade of eminent jazz pianists, such as Oscar Peterson, Billy Strayhorn, Kenny Drew, and in recent years Michel Petrucciani, Kenny Werner, Enrico Pieranunci, and John Taylor.
Their highly acclaimed debut CD “What Happened?” reflects the trio’s strong vibe and features Heine Hansen’s evocative compositions and surprising interpretation of standards. Shortly after it’s release “What Happened?” topped the list for best selling international jazz release in Japan.
Alex Riel Trio’s second CD “The High & The Mighty” is a wonderful spell-binding live recording from the Copenhagen Jazzhouse. Just like it’s predecessor, this release has topped the bestseller lists in Japan and recieved excellent reviews."

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/alexriel
Alex Riel: http://www.alexriel.dk/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic