JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uakti (World Fusion/Latin Jazz/Hard to define)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uakti (World Fusion/Latin Jazz/Hard to define)
    Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 4:03pm
Hi guys, listening the 2nd Uakti album I was thinking that this brazilian band could easily be here.

Their hard to describe, but they play some ethinic music, but not really world music, they have some brazilian influence like bossa, some jazz, some latin jazz.

Their website have their music to listen and it's a very nice one www.uakti.com.br

Their videos on Youtube are worth to check out, cause thei use most of hand made instruments, unusual stuff :)
progshine View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 4:09pm
Any thoughts?

Edited by progshine - 25 Apr 2012 at 4:11pm
www.progshine.net
Your resource of Prog Rock with weekly Podcasts, reviews, interviews and many more.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 4:27pm
I listened to this when you first dropped them off. Its nice music, but I didn't hear much jazz. It seemed the music was mostly composed, I will give them another listen though. Thanks for recommending them.
Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 6:21pm
Tough to define, hard to include... they could also fill some requirements for the prog world.

Maybe some place in the jazz related section, who knows?

The matter is that I like their sound a lot:

progshine View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:50pm
Yeah, I thought it would be complicated. They sure have some elements in both worlds, jazz/fusion - prog.

Well, in any case like Atkingani said: 'I like their sound a lot' Wink
www.progshine.net
Your resource of Prog Rock with weekly Podcasts, reviews, interviews and many more.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic