JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upcoming Album Release

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upcoming Album Release
    Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 12:22am
The details of the information about a new album. Cover art. The album is dated an announced day. When these information becomes clear. Or when information is official. It allowed a forum member to use this thread.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 12:38am
A new album of Branford Marsalis is going to be announced. There is Joey Calderazzo as the musician who participated in an album. It participates sequentially from duo album of 2011. And Eric Revis participates sequentially from "Metamorphosen" announced in 2009. Jeff Tain Watts which was regular of Branford Marsalis does not always participate in this quartet. Some Justin Faulkner of the substituted drum player is 20-year-old musicians. I hope that this new quartet is splendid. The album will be released next month. A fan may be interesting.

Four Mfs Playin'Tunes (2012)

1. The Mighty Sword   
2. Brews   
3. Maestra   
4. Teo   
5. Whiplash   
6. As Summer into Autumn Slips   
7. Endymion   
8. My Ideal

- Branford Marsalis /  saxophone
- Joey Calderazzo / piano
- Eric Revis / bass
- Justin Faulkner / drums
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 3:46pm
French band  Guillaume Perret & The Electric Epic made some noise around European modern jazz/fusion scene two years ago releasing their s/t (and self released) debut. Really pleasant surprise - John Zorn's Tzadik will release their next album (and first available in US) this month (as much as I remember they are first French artists released by Tzadik).

Few compositions come from their debut,others are new. Their debut was fresh (and heavy) take on modern fusion,avant-garde jazz and rock music, popular between prog rock fans as well. Band's bassist Philippe Bussonnet played in One Shot and was member of Magma.

You can listen their debut album here:

Edited by snobb - 24 Mar 2012 at 3:58pm
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 10:44pm
The news of Esbjorn Svensson hit by an unexpected accident in 2008 was the event that was sad for a fan. Of course it was a big loss for the item of the European jazz.

When Esbjorn Svensson carried out Asia and a tour of Australia in 2007, some sound sources were recorded.
And the unpublished sound source is released as an album formally this time. The album is going to be released in next month. A fan may be interesting.

301 (2012)

1. Behind The Stars   
2. Inner City, City Lights   
3. The Left Lane   
4. Huston, The 5th   
5. Three Falling Free Part I   
6. Three Falling Free Part II   
7. The Childhood Dream

- Esbjorn Svensson / piano, electronics, transistor radio
- Dan Berglun / bass, electronics
- Magnus Ostrom / drums, voices, electronics
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 1:55am

It was a well-known fact that Return To Forever formed again in 2008 evolved more. The RTF which let Jean-Luc Ponty and Frank Gambale participate as a member performed live broadcasting in each place in 2011. The official name of the group by the re-organization was "Return To Forever IV".

And, as for the live broadcasting, it is going to be released as an album in next month. The documentary with an interview seems to become the privilege as DVD. And the planned documentary film preview announced in the future seems to be collected. A fan may be interesting.

The Mothership Returns (2CD+DVD) (2012)

Disc 1:

1. Medieval Overture 
2. Senor Mouse 
3. Shadow of Lo/ Sorceress 
4. Renaissance 

Disc 2:

1. After the Cosmic Rain 
2. Romantic Warrior 
3. Spain 
4. School Days 
5. Beyond the Seventh Galaxy 
6. Dayride 

Disc 3:

1. INSIDE THE MUSIC(DVD) 
2. After The Cosmic Rain(DVD) 
3. ROMANTIC WARRIOR(DVD) 
4. The Story of RETURN TO FOREVER Trailer(DVD) 

- Chick Corea / keyboards
- Stanley Clarke / bass
- Lenny White / drums
- Jean-Luc Ponty / violin
- Frank Gambale / guitar
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 9:29am
^ That sounds really interesting, though I wish RTF would record some new music, having been back together for 4 years now.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 7:37pm
This new album transfers to Blue Note for Ravi Coltrane and is the first album. A performance by the formation with quintet is recorded in addition to his regular quartet. The point where Joe Lovano is appointed as as a performance and a producer may widen possibility of Post Bop more. The album is going to be released next month.

Spirit Fiction (2012)

1. Roads Cross   
2. Klepto   
3. Sprit Fiction   
4. The Change, My Girl   
5. Who Wants Ice Cream   
6. Spring & Hudson   
7. Cross Roads   
8. Yellow Cat   
9. Check Out Time   
10. Fantasm   
11. Marilyn & Tammy

- Ravi Coltrane(ts,ss)

- Luis Perdomo (p)
- Drew Gress (b)
- E.J. Strickland (ds)

- Ralph Alessi (tp)
- Geri Allen (p)
- James Genus (b)
- Eric Harland (ds)
- Joe Lovano (ts on M-9, 10)
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 2:25am

The album in the solo piano which went as activity since Keith Jarrett withdrew from Miles Davis group in 1971 will be popular with the present. And two quartet which were parallel to the activity is known well.

This album is a sound source of live which was performed in Japan when Keith Jarrett carried out a tour for European quartet as "Belonging In Concert". This sound source becomes the album as an unpublished sound source. The album seems to be released next month. A fan may be interesting.

Sleeper: Tokyo, April 16, 1979 (2012)

Disc: 1 

1. Personal Mountains 
2. Innocence 
3. So Tender 

Disc: 2 

1. Oasis 
2. Chant Of The Soil 
3. Prism 
4. New Dance

- Keith Jarrett / piano, percussion
- Jan Garbarek / tenor sax, soprano sax, flute, percussion
- Palle Danielsson / double-bass
- Jon Christensen / drums, percussion
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 8:57pm
The album about Larry Carlton seems to be released as Box Set. As Disc1 1977. 1980. And it is 1982. It is recorded by the selection of music with an album released each. "MR.335 Live In Japan "released only in Japan as Disc2 is collected. And I seem to go the song collected in D1 as Disc3 as a self-cover. The album seems to be released in autumn. A fan may be interesting.

Then & Now Featuring Four Hands & A Heart Volume One(3CD)(2012)

Disc 1 - Disc 3:

1. Room 335 (From Larry Carlton album)
2. Nite Crawler (From Larry Carlton album)
3. Point it Up (From Larry Carlton album)
4. Rio Samba (From Larry Carlton album)
5. Don't Give it Up (From Larry Carlton album)
6. It Was Only Yesterday (From Larry Carlton album)
7. Last Nite (From Sleep Walk album)
8. Song For Katie (From Sleep Walk album)
9. Sleepwalk (From Sleep Walk album)
10. 10 PM (From Sleep Walk album)
11. For Love Alone (From Strikes Twice album)
12. Strikes Twice (From Strikes Twice album)
13. Springville (From Strikes Twice album)
14. Mullberry Street (From Strikes Twice album)

Disc 2: MR.335 Live In Japan

1. I'm A Fool
2. Mellow Out
3. Tight Squeeze
4. I'm Home
5. Rio Samba
6. (It Was) Only Yesterday
7. Point It Up
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 11:34pm
A new album of Enrico Rava seems to be released. It is released since "TRIBE" released in 2010 after an interval of approximately two years. This album is given to Michael Jackson as a surprising point. Enrico Rava which caught the impression being conscious of music of Michael Jackson always produced this album with Mauro Ottolini. The album seems to be released next month. A fan may be interesting.

On The Dance Floor -Live At The Rome Auditorium (2012)

1. Speechless   
2. They Don't Care About Us   
3. Thriller   
4. Privacy   
5. Smile   
6. I Just Can't Stop Loving You / Smooth Criminal   
7. Little Susie   
8. Blood On The Dance Floor   
9. History

Enrico Rava and the PM Jazz Lab

Enrico Rava(tp)
Andrea Tofanelli(tp, flh)
Claudio Corvini(tp,flh)
Mauro Ottolini(tb,tuba)
Daniele Tittarelli(as,fl)
Dan Kinzelman(ts,cl,bass-cl)
Franz Bazzani(key)
Giovanni Guidi(p,rhodes,toy piano)
Dario Deidda(b)
Marcello Giannini(el-g)
Zeno de Rossi(ds)
Ernesto Lopez Maturell(per)
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 10:23pm
A sense of stability added to the band more since a band let Chuck Loeb join it as the third guitar player. A new album of Fourplay seems to be released. As for them who pull an item of the smooth jazz / pop-jazz, unity will be always firm. The album seems to be released in autumn. A fan may be interesting.

Esprit De Four (2012)

1. December Dream   
2. Firefly   
3. Venus   
4. Sonnymoon   
5. Put Our Hearts Together [Instrumental]   
6. All I Wanna Do   
7. Logic Of Love   
8. Esprit De Four   
9. Sugoi   
10. Put Our Hearts Together [Vocal Version] [Version]

- Bob James / piano, keyboards
- Nathan East / bass, vocals
- Chuck Loeb / guitar
- Harvey Mason / drums

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 7:14pm
New musicality in "Voice" released in 2011. And established new trio would accomplish evolution by this album more as "The Trio Project". After Anthony Jackson and Simon Phillips participated, it lasts. trio established by a tour of approximately one year shifts to the next album. The second album released as a trio project will have a concept to think about of Hiromi like the last time. The album is going to be released in next month. A fan may be interesting.

Move (2012)

1. MOVE
2. Brand New Day
3. Endeavor
4. Rainmaker/Suite Escapism
5. Reality
6. Fantasy
7. In Between
8. Margarita!
9. 11:49 PM

- Hiromi Uehara / piano, keyboards
- Anthony Jackson / contrabass guitar
- Simon Phillips / drums
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 7:23pm
A follow-up to her beautiful album, "Voice"?  I'm there. Voice was one of her best albums.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 7:54pm
I do not yet know the completeness about a new album of Hiromi. However, I think that it is certain that "Voice" is the best album which she announced. I still often listen to her early work as a personal opinion.
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 8:07pm
I put Voice up there with "Time Control" and her debut "Another Mind", which I think are her two best albums. IMO, Voice trumps the debut (but equal to Time Control).
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 8:37pm
Surely. I think "Time Control" to be a splendid album. As a personal opinion. Than "Spiral".
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 9:04pm
A new album is going to be released since "Quiet Nights" released for a studio album in 2009 after an interval of approximately three years. This album is different from a member concerned with in some so far. And the classic jazz may be arranged well by Diana Krall and a member. The album seems to be released next month.

Glad Rag Doll (2012)

1. We Just Couldn't Say Goodbye 
2. There Ain't No Sweet Man That's Worth The Salt Of My Tears 
3. Just Like A Butterfly That's Caught In The Rain 
4. You Know I Know Ev'rything's Made For Love 
5. Glad Rag Doll 
6. I'm A Little Mixed Up 
7. Prairie Lullaby 
8. Here Lies Love 
9. I Used To Love You But It's All Over Now 
10. Let It Rain 
11. Lonely Avenue 
12. Wide River To Cross 
13. When The Curtain Comes Down

- Marc Ribot (Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, 6 String Bass and Banjo)
- T Bone Burnett (Guitars)
- Howard Coward (Ukulele, Mandola, Tenor Guitar, Harmony Vocals)
- Jay Bellerose (Drums)
- Dennis Crouch (Bass)
- Bryan Sutton (Guitars)
- Colin Linden (Guitars, Dobro)
- Keefus Green (Keyboards, Mellotron)
- Diana Krall (Vocals, Piano)
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 10:42pm
A new album by Marc Johnson is going to be released. The member who supported Bill Evans of later years. Play an active part as a solo musician after the 90s,; but a trio with Abercrombie and Erskine. Or "Bass Desires" will be still popular. This album is coproduction with Eliane Elias. The album seems to be released in next month.

Swept Away (2012)

1. Swept Away    
2. It's Time    
3. One Thousand And One Nights    
4. When The Sun Comes Up   
5. B Is For Butterfly    
6. Midnight Blue    
7. Moments    
8. Sirens Of Titan    
9. Foujita    
10. Inside Her Old Music Box    
11. Shenandoah

- Eliane Elias / piano
- Marc Johnson / double-bass
- Joey Baron / drums
- Joe Lovano / tenor sax

Edited by Kazuhiro - 16 Aug 2012 at 10:42pm
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 10:01pm
A new album of Donald Fagen is going to be released. It is six years since then since "Morph the Cat" released for a studio album in 2006. It is all original other than "Out of the Ghetto" of Isaac Hayes. There is the information that a new member participates in as well as the member who participated in Donald Fagen and Steely Dan. The album seems to be released in October.

Sunken Condos (2012)

1. Slinky Thing
2. I'm Not the Same Without You
3. Memorabilia
4. Weather in My Head
5. The New Breed
6. Out of the Ghetto
7. Miss Marlene
8. Good Stuff
9. Planet D'Rhonda
idlero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idlero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 3:58am
New release by Jacob Karlzon 3

I think the problem with a lot of the fusion music is that it's extremely predictable, it's a rock rhythm and the solos all play the same stuff and they play it over and over again ...
Ken Burns
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic