JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Live Performance Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Djamra in Nakatsu Vi-Code 29.01.2012

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Djamra in Nakatsu Vi-Code 29.01.2012
    Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 1:46am
January 29, 2011 ... just in cold winter. After my Sunday duty, I hurried into Shinkansen Express for Osaka. DJAMRA announced that they would appear on stage in Nakatsu Vi-Code about 8:30PM ... I was afraid I could get to Vi-Code ahead of the time or not, but no problem actually. (Arrived one hour before LOL. :P)

Upon 8:40PM, DJAMRA an Osakan cool progressive rock project, landed upon stage ... for them, that was the first (official) gig since they got to be a quintet (without a guitarist) and I was afraid they would feel nervous for this issue and, simultaneously for playing their newest song, but no problem too. They could play with feeling relaxed and smiling sweetly.

The combination of Sayaka and Shinji has got to be a very familiar sight now ...

Sayaka KAWADA (trumpet) and Shinji KITAMURA (alto saxophone)

His funny, funky talk has already been familiar of course.

Masaharu NAKAKITA (bass) ... talking optimistically.

Oh pretty intriguing play!

Their strict, aggressive play can be based upon the rhythm section, by Akihiro and Masaharu.

Akihiro ENOMOTO (drums, percussion)

And I’ve found that this cool man showed the most hearty appearance on the stage, especially on "Sayaka’s trumpet solo" (really).

Takehiro FUKUDA (keyboards)

They launched firstly 3 pieces as follows;
1. Komurakaeri
2. Kamihitoe
3. Club / Crab

Let me say the third song ... Masaharu played sensually (like a barmaid in loose tights), followed by loud / aggressive plays like a great fuss in a cabaret, and all of them shot scrap noises / sounds as if lots of crabs walk upon a seashore.

At last their mysterious new song titled "Own Goal" had taken a veil off!

Please imagine watching a football game ... attacking with each other, and just when the ball is shot off toward a defender, he fails in clearing the ball ... that is squeezed into the goal of his team ... he gets shocked into death ...

He (Shinji) gets shocked into death in front of Takehiro playing tragically.

I’ve felt much humour in this song ... oh, beautiful self-sacrifice, always appreciated in Japan (However, Takehiro was smiling during this song somewhat hahhaha).

In the latter part, they played this song and 2 more.

4. Own Goal
5. Dictator
6. Zetsuen Doon

Quite an incredibly fascinating gig by DJAMRA, with a new song about SELF-SACRIFICE.

Thank you for reading my report about DJAMRA in Nakatsu Vi-Code. ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
--

DamoXt7942

Guilt Is A Great Motivator.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 2:16am
Thank you for sharing it.Smile I feel this live broadcasting to be very interesting. Probably the audience would enjoy it, too.

Japan may use the camera in such a meeting place. (forbidden using the camera in a big meeting place in Japan.)Ermm

Therefore, the live force comes by this photograph enough. Their unity would become stronger.Smile
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 5:21pm
Thanks Kaz-san.

And exactly as for camera work banned in a big concert (because of the rights to the artist's portrait).
I've already asked them to let me take pics in their gigs, of course.
--

DamoXt7942

Guilt Is A Great Motivator.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic