JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How Many of You Came Over From PA?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Cannonball With Hat Cannonball With Hat wrote:

Now, I must preface this with I haven't been around the real site for awhile (couple months) so things could definitely be different now, and forgive me if they are, but there seem to be a few rather odd incomplete discogs around. Obviously I haven't checked everyone, but the most glaring to me seems to be Davis, which last time I checked had more albums over at PA than here at JMA (which boggles frankly). Peter Brotzmann also seems to have been affected by this. Hopefully things have changed since I last explored

As for my buying habits...still filling in the holes of my jazz collection. My miles collection has come along nicely, and now working on Coltrane (moreso than others). Still got alot of the great ones out there to listen to, but I fear it will be slow going for me, so who knows when I'll get to the new stuff. Too much music, too little time.

Yeah, the discogs between the sites do look a bit different now, you'll notice gaps in either, of course, but it's not imbalanced now I reckon

Yes! Too much music, too little time AND too little money! Cry
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:27am
I'm really curious to know how many of us didn't come over from PA.
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:45am
At a guess, at least a dozen of the active members?
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
UMUR View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 9:36am
Iīm from PA too, but I wouldnīt call myself a regular here allthough Iīve been a member since the beginning. Weīve had the same issue over at MMA where almost all active members have discovered the site through PA. There are a couple of regulars who didnīt come from PA though and Iīm sure more will come in time. Itīs just patience and hard work to keep the site (both JMA and MMA) current and interesting to visitors thatīs the way forwardSmile.
HURBRET View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HURBRET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 11:43pm
I am from PA. I have to say I'm glad this site exists, even if it doesn't get the traffic it deserves.

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 10:31pm
I deny everything, I am a completely different Slartibartfast.
Dean Watson View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 5:27am
I did, but I was recommended to by somone from JMA.  I ( sadly ) didn't even know this great site existed!  Sure glad I'm here.
Find me at:

http://deanwatson.bandcamp.com/track/Fantasizer
New CD "Fantasizer!" out now!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic