JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MY JAZZ PROGRAM!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MY JAZZ PROGRAM!
    Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 7:14pm
I've began, with my brother, a little jazz show on YouTube, but it's in spanish. We would really like to promote this, not expecting stardom status or anything alike, but the more "fans" the better.

Not sure if any of you jazzers understand spanish, so that's really a pity, I would really like you to watch this and give your opinion. Anyway, if you know anyone who understands spanish and likes jazz, do recommend them our "program"!

Episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPLll4Vbjy8

Cheers!
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 8:28pm
Ace! I have the tiniest bit of Italian up my sleeve but that won't precisely help me! Wink I understand there are some similarities here and there (dio/dios, grazie/gracias etc) ?

In any event, I'll try and promote the show where I can!
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 12:46am
Originally posted by dreadpirateroberts dreadpirateroberts wrote:

Ace! I have the tiniest bit of Italian up my sleeve but that won't precisely help me! Wink I understand there are some similarities here and there (dio/dios, grazie/gracias etc) ?

In any event, I'll try and promote the show where I can!

Hehe, you're right! Especially our spanish, argentinian, which is much less academic-like and has the "emotion" of italian.

Thanks for that.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 12:21pm
Sounds cool Pablo, I don't Spanish well enough to follow it all, but I checked it out anyway.
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

Sounds cool Pablo, I don't Spanish well enough to follow it all, but I checked it out anyway.

Thanks!

We're still in a 'trial & error' phase, so it's not really perfect or anything near it, but it's going well. We're planning to interview a fusion guitarist from a local band for the next program, you can listen to their music here if you like:

andyman1125 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:12pm
Muy bien, Pablo. Clap
Hablo Espanol de Espana y Mexico mas del Espanol de Argentina, asi yo no comprendi toda la programa, pero lo pude comprender la mayor parte. Wink

(edit: pues, la lengua es el mismo, pero el acento y velocidad son un poco dificil para mi. Solo soy un estudiante, despues de todo Tongue)

Edited by andyman1125 - 11 Jan 2012 at 6:17pm
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by andyman1125 andyman1125 wrote:

Muy bien, Pablo. Clap
Hablo Espanol de Espana y Mexico mas del Espanol de Argentina, asi yo no comprendi toda la programa, pero lo pude comprender la mayor parte. Wink

(edit: pues, la lengua es el mismo, pero el acento y velocidad son un poco dificil para mi. Solo soy un estudiante, despues de todo Tongue)

Approve Awesome! And thanks.

And yes, although it's the same language, it can be very hard to understand the speed and tone from the different Latin countries.

We've just released a sort-of "trailer" of upcoming interviews, anybody can watch it as if it were a videoclip of Herbie Hancock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNqtUbZo7ow&context=C3da6587ADOEgsToPDskKu8Bz_fz2COg-UT4THbRcv  Tongue

Thanks for watching, and if you know anybody that could be interested, please share!

Edited by Abraxas - 17 Jan 2012 at 10:30pm
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 4:03pm
Here's something everyone can enjoy and comment, if they'd like, no need of understanding spanish. Just music:

The subtitles at the beginning in green mean: "This is a nice place, it's calm".

Edited by Abraxas - 30 Sep 2012 at 4:29pm
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 8:24pm

At 2:50 there's a cover version of Black Nile (Shorter) by a young Argentine jazz trio.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 8:59pm
Those guys are really good, you are lucky to have such a good local jazz scene.
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 9:21pm

Those guys are really good, you are lucky to have such a good local jazz scene.

Glad you liked that!

Yeah, there's a funk/hiphop/jazz scene that is really blossoming right now in the area and it;s great that they're all guys between 21 and 28 years old.
That drummer especifically is a beast, in my opinion.

I don't remember if I already passed you this, but here's a link of one of the band's from the scene. I find the production to be rather coldish, while live the band is far more energetic, still sounds good to me.

And one more, if you're interested:

If it weren't for the singer, I don't know how much I would like the band. Wink
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 7:52pm
If Hola Pendeja has a CD out, or download available, we can add them to the site.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 8:11pm
I checked Hola Pendeja, too. I like a sound and arrangement of such a band. I remembered an atmosphere such as Carl Allen & Rodney Whitaker to listen to it. Thumbs Up
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 9:16pm
The album in SoundCloud is available for download in that page, just look for the button where it says download.

Here you'll see it more easily, you have to download track by track:
http://soundcloud.com/hola-pendeja/tracks

By the way, glad you both liked them.

Edited by Abraxas - 09 Nov 2012 at 9:18pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 2:26am
We'll go ahead and add Hola Pendeja to the site, I like the other band too, and I agree, the singer is nice. Wink
Looks like a fun scene all around, the background of the video reminded me of California, I guess you are on the west coast on the other side of the equator.
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 1:04pm

We'll go ahead and add Hola Pendeja to the site, I like the other band too, and I agree, the singer is nice. Wink
Looks like a fun scene all around, the background of the video reminded me of California, I guess you are on the west coast on the other side of the equator.

I'm actually on the east coast, Atlantic Ocean. Although I do live near the river "Rio de la Plata" that divides Uruguay from Argentina. That's where the video was shot.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 1:30pm
D'oh, there I go again with the geographical dyslexia, I knew Argentina was on the other side, much like the Florida I grew up in as a child. 
Looks like your weather is cooler than Florida, more moderate like California.
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 3:12pm

D'oh, there I go again with the geographical dyslexia, I knew Argentina was on the other side, much like the Florida I grew up in as a child. 
Looks like your weather is cooler than Florida, more moderate like California.

Haha, yeah, I don't know what's the highest temperature Florida reaches at summer, but here we get to 40ºC and more which is damn hot and head-aching.

By the way, I'm from Buenos Aires, so we're probabl the most humid province of the country. The north of the country is very dry and can reach over 50ºC, those guys are totally burned haha.

Right now it's spring and we're having days of 35ºC which are already damn bothering, especially for all those who live in the city, which temperature is even higher.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 8:59pm
I added Hola Pendeja. Please tell me if you know the information about them. I did not find much information.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic