0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blue Note Hard Boppers or Boppers
    Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 3:54pm
There are a few who covered a few genres in Jazz but my selection on where I put them is based on where I like them the most. Some artists are not included if they had just the odd album. They only get in if they are Blue Note regulars or they did a cracker and is has become an important part of the artists disco.I do not include the later ones after Alfred Lion pretty much. That is where the best part of Blue Note lays up to 1967 which is when Alfred Lion (one of the Founders and the main producer for the label was at the helm).

Coltrane only got in because of "Blue Train" being an absolute classic. Miles Davis just made it as well. Not
regulars at the Label.

There are other Polls with those others to come
Matt
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 4:15pm
didn't hear  all the list, from what I know  - "Blue Train"

Edited by snobb - 26 Dec 2011 at 4:15pm
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 4:19pm
I'll give it to Dexter Gordon, some classic hard bop right there.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 9:52pm
As a result, I went to Ike Quebec. "Heavy Soul" is still an album to often listen to. A list does not have it, but I think "Flight to Jordan" of Duke Jordan to be splendid Bop album.

And I remembered it to see a list. I thought that I did not buy "The Tokyo Blues" of Horace Silver sometime.
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 2:07am
Duke Jordan is great Kazuhiro, he was one of the ones that only did one or two. Highly recommended album. The Leo Parker ones are good too. I left off a few more like Harold Vicks, Sonny Red, Elmo Hope, Gil Melle, Fats Navarro,Tal Farlow, Reuben Wilson and the list goes on. Really went for the main ones.
Matt
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 2:08am
Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

Duke Jordan is great Kazuhiro, he was one of the ones that only did one or two. Highly recommended album. The Leo Parker ones are good too. I left off a few more like Harold Vicks, Sonny Red, Elmo Hope, Gil Melle, Fats Navarro,Tal Farlow, Reuben Wilson and the list goes on. Really went for the main ones.
Oh, Art Blakey of course. What a drummer and what a bandCool
Matt
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 2:23am
Yes. I thought that I might really vote for Art Blakey. I listened to the album which Art Blakey announced from Riverside well, but think that many albums which I announced from Blue Note are splendid. I feel in particular that the album which I announced after Wayne Shorter joined it is good.
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 2:40am
Originally posted by Kazuhiro Kazuhiro wrote:

Yes. I thought that I might really vote for Art Blakey. I listened to the album which Art Blakey announced from Riverside well, but think that many albums which I announced from Blue Note are splendid. I feel in particular that the album which I announced after Wayne Shorter joined it is good.
"Free For All' is great from start to finsh Kazuhiro. Wayne Shorter and Freddie Hubbard are on fire. my fave Messenger's album with Moanin' as well of course. Big smile 
Matt
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 2:55am
Thank you, Matt.Smile
Because I did not have "Free For All", probably I will check it.Thumbs Up
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 5:57pm
Freddie Hubbard.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic