JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jack DeJohnette New Album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jack DeJohnette New Album
    Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 11:26pm
The new album of Jack DeJohnette is going to be released on January 17 of the next year. A well known composer and young person and a musician of the nucleus participate. The musician who participated will carry a really next-generation jazz scene. DeJohnette will become 70 years old next year, but does not know the decline. A fan may be interesting.

Sound Travels (2012)

1. Enter Here   
2. Luisito Serena Salsa   
3. Dirty Ground   
4. New Muse   
5. Sonny Light   
6. Sound Travels   
7. Oneness   
8. Indigo Dreamscape   
9. Home

- Bruce Hornsby
- Bobby McFerrin
- Esperanza Spalding
- Ambrose Akinmusire
- Lionel Loueke
- Luisito Quintero
- Jason Moran
- Tim Ries

Cannonball With Hat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 2:49am
Thumbs Up
Hit it on Five.

Saxophone Scatterbrain Blitzberg

Stab them in the ears.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 6:53am
Which do you give priority to if you submit a review after you listened to this album?

PA? or JMA? WinkBig smile
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 11:58am
Any idea of the style of music?
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 3:03pm
It must have vocals with Bobby McFerrin. Bruce Hornsby will also have a good chance of singing as well. Bruce likes diversity, it was not that long ago he did the album with Ricky Skaggs. Jason Moran is the pianist listed but maybe not every track with Bruce being there. Esperanza Spalding will most likely be singing as well as Bass.

I do not have any of Esperanza's stuff and she looks damn interesting ( that as well) but I mean her music.

The new Jack album I would want to hear before buying though. Warning lights. "Too Many Cooks Spoil The Broth" feeling for me. If they are all playing as a band right throughout it should be great but are some artists just popping up on the odd track.
Matt
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 3:33pm
I saw Esperanza Spalding playing/singing live few years ago on MOL Jazz fest in Budapest,she warmed up upcoming Tomasz Stanko concert. To say true she looked/sounded well as pop-star kind singing female bassist,where show is more interesting than music. And she still wasn't Grammy-award winner at that time Wink

Another new DeJohnette's album's collaborator I saw playing live is Jason Moran - he played here in Vilnius with his band and it was extremely competent contemporary jazz with good drive - I'm usually quite skeptic about such kind of music, but he really did it well!

Possibly most interesting name on collaborators' list for me is reeds player Ambrose Akinmusire - besides of his solo works I heard a lot his collaborative recordings and I can say he always brings a lot of fun and unpredictable moments in any music he plays 

Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 4:02pm
You just ruined my vision of Esperanza, Slava LOL I have never heard any of her music and being a bassist I thought it might be bit more on World/Avante side Slava. You know doing something different Unhappy I first saw her releases at Freshsounds site a few years ago now. I was buying old Cuban music through them but still looked over the new Jazz and stuff but was just getting their old Cuban stuff. They are in Spain and have some great stuff. More so the old Jazz reissues as well. Here's a link if anybody wants to have a look. 

Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic