JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Amazing, but little know jazz album!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bari_Sax_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amazing, but little know jazz album!
    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 9:08pm
I stumbled across a jazz album while searching for a Jazz version of Greensleeves. The album is called 'Jazz Walts' by Shorty Rogers and His Giants. The album is comprised of 10 Jazz Waltz songs. I listened to the album once, thinking it was mediocre, and went on to another album. After about a week I had one song in particular stuck in my head, which turned out to be called 'Be As Children." I particularly enjoyed this song and listened to it a few times. I eventually started listening to the whole album, enjoying it more and more each time I played it, until I could not stop listening to it. Some of the songs are renditions of songs written and recorded by other artists, some are original compositions by Shorty Roger.
Each song has something unique about it that I love, such as the bari sax in 'Walk On The Wild Side." Mypersonal favorite song is, 'Be as Children.' The melody is truly beautiful and the flute solo is very nice too. All in all, I love this album and wish more people knew about it. Give it a listen and let me know what you think! Thanks for reading!

-Bari Sax God 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic