Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Jazz related lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paul Simon announces jazz-inspired album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paul Simon announces jazz-inspired album
    Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 11:06am
Paul Simon has announced that his 14th studio album will be a jazz LP. The American music veteran is on tour in the UK this week, and took the opportunity to announce the new project, released on Sony Music in September. ‘In the Blue Light’ will reinterpret some of his classic tunes, and will feature some heavy hitting jazz players including trumpeter Wynton Marsalis, guitarist Bill Frisell and drummers Jack DeJohnette and Steve Gadd.

He told Jazz FM: “This album consists of songs that I thought were almost right, or were odd enough to be overlooked the first time around. Re-doing arrangements, harmonic structures, and lyrics that didn’t make their meaning clear, gave me time to clarify in my own head what I wanted to say, or realize what I was thinking and make it more easily understood. 
Happily, this opportunity also gave me the gift of playing with an extraordinary group of musicians, most of whom I hadn’t recorded with before. I hope the listener will find these new versions of old songs refreshed, like a new coat of paint on the walls of an old family home.”

The release on 7 September coincides with the final leg of Simon’s ‘Homeward Bound – Farewell Tour’ in September, including four performances in the New York City area and culminating with the Final Performance on 22 September in Flushing Meadows Corona Park.

from www.jazzfm.com

Edited by snobb - 12 Jul 2018 at 11:06am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic