JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mosaic Collection & Donation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrewjmarino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mosaic Collection & Donation
    Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 7:55pm
Hi,

I have about 20+ of the large Mosaic box sets.
At some point (hopefully, in the distant future) I will likely want to donate them to a worthy institution or school.

Specifically, I would be looking for a place where they would be protected, used and studied by (jazz) musicians.
I'm looking for suggestions about possible music/jazz schools, institutions or another place where I know they would be put to good use as a  library and resource for music students and/or scholars.

Thanks for any ideas.

Andrew

- Please, only serious replies (not, 'give them to me' repliesConfused)
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 8:04pm
Hey, I'm a music teacher that works at many schools, I could help you with this. 

I know of a non-profit music school for low income kids that may be a good way to go, also some other schools as well.

Edited by js - 30 Nov 2011 at 8:53pm
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 2:07pm
What happened? Did any organisation get the sets ?

Also although they are to be donated, love to know who and what they are?

Lots of questions.

Like Tom Waits wrote that track

"What's he Building In There"

I am just being a sticky beak. 
Matt
Andrewjmarino View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrewjmarino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 7:19pm
Thanks.  I'm probably jumping the gun a bit.  I'm not looking to do this soon.  Currently, I'm living overseas and my sets are at a friend's house in the US.  I still need to copy/burn them before even thinking about donating them - it's some years away.
As for sets, hmm, it's been a while since I've seen them: Sam Rivers; Chico Hamilton; Bud Shank; Thad Jones, Atlantic NO Jazz; Bunny Berigan; Bix/Trumbauer/Teagarden; Ellington Capitol and Reprise; Teagarden 50s; Kenton Presents; JJ Johnson; June Christy and Peggy Lee; Gene Krupa and Harry James; Gerald Wilson...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic