JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Collecting & Listening

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 4:17pm
Back to topic

My priority is to hear the music. The collecting part is a bonus.
darkprinceofjazz View Drop Down
JMA Jazz Reviewer
JMA Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprinceofjazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 7:52pm
Sadly, it seems I spend more time cleaning vinyl than listening to them sometimes, as well as editing, backing up my digital music, trying to get itunes to run smoother. Actually right now as I write this, I am listening to the album Coltrane from 1962, "Out of this world", it certainly is. That track is right up there for me, right up with the entire A love Supreme and an overlooked album during the impulse! years. his tenor tone is soul stirring to say the least.
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 1:34am
Originally posted by darkshade darkshade wrote:

Back to topic

My priority is to hear the music. The collecting part is a bonus.

Embarrassed Yeah, I got a good side-track going there, huh? I want more time for listening, but often the compulsive part of me begins to take over and I hear a little, investigate some, then begin collecting, amassing large piles before going back and digesting what I've purchased!

Originally posted by darkprinceofjazz darkprinceofjazz wrote:

Sadly, it seems I spend more time cleaning vinyl than listening to them sometimes, as well as editing, backing up my digital music, trying to get itunes to run smoother. Actually right now as I write this, I am listening to the album Coltrane from 1962, "Out of this world", it certainly is. That track is right up there for me, right up with the entire A love Supreme and an overlooked album during the impulse! years. his tenor tone is soul stirring to say the least.

Yes! Maintenance can suck up a lot of time - backups upon backups!  Cool, I will have to get 'Coltrane' as I've just got 'Ole' and was wondering where to go next
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:19am
Originally posted by darkprinceofjazz darkprinceofjazz wrote:

Sadly, it seems I spend more time cleaning vinyl than listening to them sometimes, as well as editing, backing up my digital music, trying to get itunes to run smoother.

that's why I love Cds.... carefree, user-friendlyHug

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic