JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The best jazz singer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanczyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The best jazz singer
    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 6:47am
Andrzej Zaucha (Andrew Zaucha) 1949-1991 RIP,  polish jazz pop singer  from Cracow, shot  by Frenchman in 1991 .He sang Cest la vie (Dream about paris)o  or english vershion  Cest la vie  Pipe dream. ,Byłas serca biciem (You was a heartbeat), Jak na lotni (Aviator/Flier), Jesienna piosenka (autumn song),Magia to ja (Magic is me,Iam the magic),  Zdecydował los(Fate),W  złotych kroplach deszczu (Rainy song). Swięto strachów (Holliday of scarecrows), Blady stach (Ghost),Zglębić prawdę(Uncover/occult the  dark mystery), Przybywajcie czary (Devils come to me), Poza mną już tamten czas (The time is  beyonfdme), Wilczy bilet (bad apple), Abyś czuł (You must feel).Mr Blues, Linoskoczek or Tancząc w powietrzu (Tightrope walker),He sang many covers Aquarius(polish version),New York, New York(polish vershion), Moonlight serenade, My funny valentine, Lady be good, The man  I love, Lady love,Boogie down, Swinging the  blues, Swonderful,.Why do I love you,Georgie. Zaucha hand  his  songs in english versions  namely  Variathions the eye  rhyme, I miss your love, Come baby rock,A kind of  magic,  Beware of the music man,I thumbleweed ,
Stanczyk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanczyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 6:55am
Zaucha  sang songs titled namely  Zeby inaczej piękniej raczej (Colour your life), Ministrowie i pory roku (Four seasons), christmas song (Reindeer)Renifer, Zaufaj sobie (Believe in yourself),Sny rockokowe(rococo dreams ), Póki masz nadzieje (Till you had a hope), Naucz mnie uśmiechu (Teach me  a smile), Stwardnieje ci łza(Your tears will harden), Kantata.Ta wiara (this  faith), Zaucha was shot (murdered  )  brutally by  agressive and jealous Frenchman (8 bullets). .Zaucha had rommance with  younger  married woman .Frenchman   shot  the both (his wife and singer) in the   dark, at the parking lot , near the theatre
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 7:05am
I heard him often singing on Polskie Radio in my university days 
Stanczyk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanczyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 7:07am
Zaucha  was amateurish  actor (he played  his last    role of    magician  from  Cracow  called Mr Twardowski .Mithical /legendary Twardowski  flew to/on the moon  ,pursued by  devils.Twardowski mounted  the  giant rooster in the tavern called Rome.Musical  Mr Twardowski.  Zaucha  and his  girlfriend were shot at the parking area,  near the  singer's  auto(car belonged  to  singer). Frenchman shoot  eight bullets at the night.He was hided  behind  the  row of cars.
Stanczyk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanczyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 7:17am
Zaucha  met Stevie Wander  in 1989 (concert  for /in honour of  Solidarity  and collapse of communism). Andrew   showed him his  songs   for example  Siódmy rok  or Miła ma (english   tittle  My Sweetheart) and Byłaś serca biciem (You was a heartbeat).Stevie Wander adored /choose the  song  Miła  ma.Zaucha   presented/played  his  two songs  in polish  recording studio. Zaucha  sang 350 songs .He orphaned daughter.Zaucha was widower
Stanczyk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanczyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 7:23am
Zaucha  was blues , pop, blues and jazz singer   .Zaucha sang Sen o państwie faraonów (Dream  of Pharaoh's city). , Mr Blues, Bądz moją muzą (Be my muse) .Zaucha adored   many singers  (Freddie Mercury,Ray Charles, Michael Jackson).My second favourite singer  is Przemyslaw Gintrowski.Legendary  polish bard  .Gintrowski  was connected with  Solidarity and  sang patriotic songs  (about past  /history of Poland)
Stanczyk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanczyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 7:35am
My last post: My favourite  Zaucha's songs  are  Poza mną już tamten czas (I am beyond the time), The time is beyond me  Variations on the eye rhyme, Cest la vie, A tumbleweed,Jakie  są szanse naszych marzen (Our dreams), Dom złej dziewczyny (Hause of fallen woman).and cover My cherrie amour.II would prefer    music of the Friderick Chopin and Wojciech Killar  in  jazz version,.
Stanczyk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanczyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 8:09am
Zaucha Lańcuszek szcześcia (Chain letter), Narodziny uczucia (Birth of   true love),Zanim zastukam do niebieskiej bramy (Till I knock on the heaven door) , Na jedno życie (For only  life).My favourite  foreign  legendary singers Bing Crosby,Colin Vearncombe (Black), Barry White
Frederic_Alderon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frederic_Alderon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 8:20am
I'cant really say how from the more than huge list can be named as the best of 'em, but I can for sure get some names that totally shine way much than the others
1) Loise Armstrong - that's an obvious choice but still Ilike it
2) Frank Sinatra - his "Strangers in the night", bug me still just like in the first time I heard this music
3) And of course Jonny Hartman, also super obvious but they are just good Deal with it.
And over here ther's some more people how to make jazz nothing like it - https://www.thoughtco.com/ten-famous-jazz-singers-2039745
Enjoy!
Frederic_Alderon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frederic_Alderon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:26pm
I personally stick to  Louis Armstrong and Frank Sinatra especially the last one....
He did this way right, yet so many of the strangers left in the night....

Stopbyforjazz View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stopbyforjazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 9:59pm
In my humble opinion,the best Jazz Singer male or female is Miss Ella Fitzgerald.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic