1 [11.11%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stevie Wonder
    Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 2:37am
Innervisions for me too - every song, pretty much dynamite
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 9:34pm
Innervisions is the only one where I like every song. The other 4 that I have (everything from Music of My Mind through Songs In The Key Of Life) are great, but I can't get into every song all the time.
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 8:32pm
Innervisions or Music of my Mind for me.

I'll go for the latter today.
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 8:31pm

Kazuhiro no more..........Lil Stevie, it is then  LOL You should not have told me, Lil Stevie Wink

Matt
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 8:18pm

As a result, I went to Innnervisions. However, the song which I like as a unit of song not an album is recorded in each album. As a personal reason.

I feel that Too High and Golden Lady are splendid music.
Or the guitar solo of Jeff Beck in Looking For Another Pure Love is good, too.

And a lot of music that is splendid in Key of Life is collected. Wonderlove participates, too. And Summer Soft and the As are splendid.

A postscript

I was given a nickname of "Lil' Stevie" before by John. Because a birthday of Stevie Wonder is same as me.

Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

I'm going with Fullfillingness, it has the sad love songs Cry  plus the most creative music, its from someone who is just a little bit older.
Do you know the song "Too Shy to Say" it features Sneakey Pete on steel guitar, very nice.
Yes, he wrote some beautiful ballads. It is hard to pick which album. Innervisions for me because it was the first album I bought of his but Fulfillingness is just as good, love Creepin, with that slow drag. I like his funky stuff "You havent done Nothin', Boogie on Reggae Woman".   My kids used to play Coolio, "Gangsta's Paradise non stop. I did not mind but one day I put on "Pastime Paradise" and they all said that's Coolio's song LOL
Matt
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 6:42pm
I'm going with Fullfillingness, it has the sad love songs Cry  plus the most creative music, its from someone who is just a little bit older.
Do you know the song "Too Shy to Say" it features Sneakey Pete on steel guitar, very nice.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 5:10pm
That trilogy from Talking Book to Fullfillingness is about the finest art-pop you can find. I also like the early stuff too. I will vote in a while.
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 4:50pm
Saw John's review and Lamp yep, another bloody poll from me. I will admit there is not a dud album above, okay maybe "Hotter Than July" is patchy," for me anyway". In my humble opinion there are four absolute classics in a row starting from "Talking Book".  Wore out "Innervisions". "Living In The City" became unplayable after how many thousand spins. My brother loved it too, so the record got an absolute pounding.

Product DetailsProduct DetailsProduct DetailsProduct Details

There are many other albums but just wanted the best time from him. Still I love his early Motown songs too.  "Uptight" "everything is alright"

Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic