JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Italian Jazz musicians!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Italian Jazz musicians!!!
    Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 9:07am
Looking in the database, I noticed the absence of some talented and famous Italian musicians.I hope to be helpful!     (surname/name)

- Bollani Stefano: PIANO (
probably the most famous Italian jazz musician today in the world,he have also project with many international musicsians,theater shows,classical music,radio etc.)

- Guerrini Mirko: SAX (he played a lot with Bollani)

-Urbani Massimo: SAX (he played also with Rava,Baker and Gaslini)

-Flores Luca: PIANO (were dedicated to him the Italian Jazz Awards. Also with Fresu,De Chirico,Baker Quartet) 

- Basso Gianni: SAX (+ conductor.ALso play with Baker,Sara Vaughan and many more...) (Basso - valdambrini quintet)

- Oscar Valdambrini: TRUMPET (Friend of Baker,play also wiht Ellington in italy,Umiliani,Morricone) (Basso - Valdambrini Quintet)

- Gaslini Giorgio: PIANO (He write a lot of OST,like Profondo Rosso with GOblin)

-Gatto Roberto: DRUM (also with Flores,Coleman G.,Baker,Scofield,ABercrombie,Zawinul,Cobham)

-Cerri Franco: GUITAR (probably the most famous italian jazz guitarist)

-Danilo Rea: PIANO (He play with a big numbers of famous italian musicians)

I hope you enjoy some of the artists that contribute to spread the art of jazz in my country and in the world!!!

PS:There is a musician of Italian descent but who is Canadian,missing in your database that has an album in his discog that is truly wonderful and appreciable:
Occhipinti Roberto: BASS "A bend in the river" 2009 (with Dafnies Prieto on the drum)  
http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=31824 

Edited by GMs - 13 Sep 2011 at 9:13am
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 10:38am
Thanks, we will be checking those out.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 11:53am
GMs View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 8:31am
Originally posted by snobb snobb wrote:

Stefano Bollani added

it's worth! Wink PS:i've added some album that i've in my collection.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 11:22am
Massimo Urbani,Luca Flores,Mirko Guerrini, Gianni Basso added

Edited by snobb - 15 Sep 2011 at 12:37pm
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 5:38am
Occhipinti Roberto,OSCAR VALDAMBRINI,ROBERTO GATTO,FRANCO CERRI ,GIORGIO GASLINI,DANILO REA   added

Edited by snobb - 20 Sep 2011 at 5:48am
GMs View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 6:24am
 Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic