JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pages -pop jazz, jazz fusion ,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pages -pop jazz, jazz fusion ,
    Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 4:55am
Pages is a band featuring Mr Misters Richard Page and are a west coast sofisticated pop band that have jazz and fusion sides to them, both slow sofisticated but also some wilder songs with more frentic parts, sort of more delicate Steely Dan but i defenitly sence their jazz senceabilaty

i hear some Steve Wonder also in the songs and sound

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pages_%28band%29

"I created these characters, and I am an Old Testament God with my fist in the middle of their lives." by Robert Jordan Auther of the Wheel of Time fantasy wonderstory

Asmodean View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 5:04am

this song is amazing

"I created these characters, and I am an Old Testament God with my fist in the middle of their lives." by Robert Jordan Auther of the Wheel of Time fantasy wonderstory

Asmodean View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 9:01am
this song is amazing jazz fusion

Asmodean View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 9:03am
some words from the Myspace bio

Before they formed Mr. Mister, Richard Page & Steve George, were already highly respected studio musicians. They have been hired by a wide range of artists, from all possible music styles, to do some session work on their albums; as songwriters, musicians and mostly to do some backing vocals.

http://www.myspace.com/212253035

Edited by Asmodean - 11 Sep 2011 at 9:10am

Asmodean View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 9:31am
anyone   Ermm

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 10:05am
I've been listening to the music, analysis will be forthcoming.
Asmodean View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 11:01am
cool :D

Asmodean View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 1:20pm
any Jazzgress, which team are on them can i get such information :D

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 7:12am
Certainly Pages music has some similarity to Steely Dan and Stevie Wonder, but the difference is when they came out.
That style of jazzy pop was started by Wonder in the early 70s and then pushed further by Steely Dan and EW&F. The important thing about those bands is that their style of writing with the displaced bass and more modal harmonic changes had a huge influence on jazz and fusion in the mid 70s, probably more than many jazz musicians.
Pages comes later in the 70s after this style had already swept through the pop world and were being joined by other similar artists such as Kenny Loggins, Michael McDonald, Toto and the Doobie Brothers. 
We don't want adding Pages to open the door for more late 70s lite rock. We might add them later, but they are on hold for now.

Edited by js - 15 Sep 2011 at 7:15am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic