JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We Love Hiromi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We Love Hiromi
    Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 1:52am
I have seen a lot of love for Hiromi on this site and even over at PA so it's time she got her own appreciation thread. I love her music!

Cool
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 2:00am
Her new (trio) album is another interesting one. Still don't have final opinion, but I really like the combination of Hiromi's jazz-rooted piano and rockin rhythm section (especially drummer Simon Phillips)Smile
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 2:58am
Yes. I was convinced of coming of this thread. Thumbs Up

Commercial message of Japan (YAMAHA)

Moris View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 1:46pm
Another Hiromi fan here.

That girl deserves all the attention she can get, and more!
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 4:16pm
My bro first introduced me to her by showing me some "show-off" videos, she stunned me but wasn't really that keen until I heard 'Time Difference' and 'Time Out', I even bought a physical copy which cost me quite a lot. 

I still need to get most of her discography.
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 5:25pm
I want to get Spiral next (after hearing Return of Kung-Fu Champion), since I already have Another Mind, Brain, and Time Control, then go from there. Everything Ive heard from her is quality
Ricochet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 6:38am
I remember listening to her Duet with Corea and was unexpectedly utterly impressed.

darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Ricochet Ricochet wrote:

I remember listening to her Duet with Corea and was unexpectedly utterly impressed.

I'll probably get that sooner or later
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 7:42pm
Just got my first two Hiromi albums - Brain and Time Control.  Both seem pretty awesome so far. 
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 1:38am
Her newest one is great as well, a bit different - trio with bassist and Simon Phillips on drums (and expensive - still Japanese import only is available).
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 9:20am
Musical program of Japan. Hiromi that competes with Japanese singer.

Evolutionary Sleeper View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolutionary Sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 10:23pm
Hiromi love yes!
One of my favorite musicians and certainly my favorite pianist. My favorite album of hers is Time Control, but they're all really solid. I saw her play solo this past November, her energy is infectious.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 10:25pm
I'll be the first non-fan. 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolutionary Sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

The thread is called "We Love Hiromi" Wink
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 10:50pm
No sh*t Tongue

At you can see, that titles is obviously incorrect. Wink

Edited by harmonium.ro - 11 Apr 2011 at 10:51pm
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolutionary Sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 11:21pm
haters gon hate :(
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 7:38am
BTW, Hiromi plays on two most current Stanley Clarke Band's albums, and she sounds great there as well (I prefer pure-acoustic trio of Clarke-White-Hiromi with "The Jazz In The Garden", 2009)
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 10:42am
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

have you tried any of her music?
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 11:09am
Did the video that I had put deprive of the interest of Alex?Tongue
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 11:12am
Originally posted by snobb snobb wrote:

BTW, Hiromi plays on two most current Stanley Clarke Band's albums, and she sounds great there as well (I prefer pure-acoustic trio of Clarke-White-Hiromi with "The Jazz In The Garden", 2009)

That's a great album, one of my favorites from 2009
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic