FRANK SINATRA — My Way

B5 Mrs. Robinson 2:55

Total Time: 33:49

- Frank Sinatra/vocals
- Don Costa /arranger, conductor

Reprise Records ‎– FS 1029 (US)

Recorded:December 30, 1968, February 18, 20, 24, 1969, Hollywood, Los Angeles

Thanks to Matt, snobb for the updates

Buy FRANK SINATRA - MY WAY music

Amazon (logo)
My Way 50th Anniversay EditionMy Way 50th Anniversay Edition
Capitol 2019
$12.21
$7.43 (used)
My Way: The Best Of Frank Sinatra (2CD)My Way: The Best Of Frank Sinatra (2CD)
Limited Edition · Remastered
My Way [LP]My Way [LP]
Capitol
$15.49
$21.38 (used)
Strangers In The Night - My Way - Frank Sinatra - 2 CD Album BundlingStrangers In The Night - My Way - Frank Sinatra - 2 CD Album Bundling
Box set · Limited Edition
Polydor
$19.99
My Way / Strangers in the Night (Japan 7My Way / Strangers in the Night (Japan 7" Vinyl)
REPRISE
$14.99 (used)
Frank Sinatra - My Way / Cycles - 7Frank Sinatra - My Way / Cycles - 7" Vinyl 45 Record
Reprise Records
My WayMy Way
Reprise
$34.98
$3.99 (used)
Showing 9 items | Cache expiring in 37h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com

FRANK SINATRA MY WAY reviews

Matt
Perfection is something that is really never obtainable because one always looks back and says "I missed something and perhaps I could have done that a bit better" but how could any improvement be made with the song selection and the title,"My Way" which was actually written by "Paul Anka" but taken from a French tune and has become one of Frank Sinatra's signature tunes if not his most famous."My Way" has become one of the most well known songs ever recorded and is played by all ages still today and if they aren't playing it yet they will as age creeps along because "The Chairman of The Board" will always be just that in popular singing and creep, he will into your musical tastes with that feel, style,swagger and panache that Frank could bring to any tune. This one is a later album which was recorded in late 1968 and early 69 and released that year in March on Frank's own "Reprise Label" with Production, Arranging and Conducting by "Don Costa". Frank was almost ready to chuck it in but when Paul Anka contacted him with the song and then decided to record it on December the 30th in 1968 after which Frank was back.The album is a bit of a mix with swing, ballads and a few contempary numbers from that time around the sixties with all given the distinctive Sinatra stamp. One "Lennon/McCartney" song, one by "Paul Simon","Ray Charles", "Jimmy Webb", and a "Rod McKuen" with the music by "Jacques Brel". Frank would do an entire album using "Rod McKuen's" songs and words and was actually starting to record the album,"A Man Alone" around the same time of the release of "My Way".

"Watch What Happens" brings the swing straight in with the orchestra providing some great high points between verses and Frank's voice doing the rest. "Jimmy Webb" is the writer for the next song which is a ballad as Jimmy sure knew how to write them and it is no surprise Frank was impressed with Jimmy Webb's songs when at that period in the sixties he commmenced to have hit after hit with "Glen Campbell" and of course Frank sings the song beautifully."Halleujah, I Love Her So" is one from "Ray Charles" and of course it swings with that slight Blues influence." Yesterday" the "Paul McCartney" hit which is suppossed to be the most covered song on the planet gets another here and of course beautifully done with Frank stretching the words as only he knew how and always in the right spot to give the song some great feel."All My Tommorows" another fairly down tempo ballad executed brilliantly and then we come to the title "My Way" which unfortunately has become a Karoake favourite but there is only one man who can sing the song but we all still try to hit those notes when we sing a long. A great version of "For Once In my Life" as well is on the album and the closer for the album is the "Simon and Garfunkel" hit, "Mrs Robinson" and yep, it swings.

I know most will say the "Capital" albums are where the real classics are but for me Frank still had great style which only matured like old wine and it is good to see a singer of this stature take up current tunes from the time and stamp them "His Way".Essential Sinatra.

No FRANK SINATRA MY WAY reviews posted by members yet.

• piccolomini
  • KK58
  • yair0103
  • Vano

Silence, Then Birds Jazz Related Improv/Composition
HYMN (DOWDING / HALLETT / ROSS)
Rough Line Fusion