JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Identify song played by my Grandpa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hambone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Identify song played by my Grandpa
    Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 10:08pm
My uncle posted an old video of my grandpa playing piano back in 1990. I can't stop listening to it! I'd love to learn to play it but I can't identify the song. It's also possible its improv. I don't know!!! Annoyingly the video cuts out JUST at the moment my grandpa turns to the camera to say what he just played. Anyways, here is the video. Hope people enjoy and can help identify it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD6ICM29io4
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:56am
It sounds to me that he is playing two different songs. He ends one by saying "thats all", and then starts the second one. At the end of the second one you can hear him say one word of the title, but i can't make out what he is saying. If you could tell me that one word I could probably find the song.

I thought possibly the first song was called "Thats All", but here are some versions of "Thats All", and I don't think they are the same song.
http://www.jazzstandards.com/compositions-2/thatsall.htm

Edited by js - 16 Nov 2017 at 4:57am
Shrdlu View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrdlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 3:35pm
I just had a listen. There aren't many standards that I don't know, but I can't place these two songs. When he says "That's all", he means that the song is over. He was not playing the song called "That's All".

He played well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic